Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matthé

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
after updating to jaguar, my illustrator will not place eps pictures anymore
files that had them show nothing but can be selected and trying to place a new one or replace one doesn't work
i tried reïnstalling illustrator 10 (with the latest update) but nothing seems to work
what the hell is wrong?

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
i think it's just jag. I've noticed a LOT of new bugs in illustrator and PS since the update. weird stuff like dragging pallets leaves copies of them behind, windows not refreshing correctly.....

if you can try converting your eps pix. it's a pain but unless there's a better answer at the adobe forums, we're just going to have to wait for the next update... :\

Matthé

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
found it

the sollution is ridiculously simple and should be better documented
the problems lies in the way you name your folder: if there is an '/' in it, illustrator will not place/show eps'
jpg's and other appear to be no problem
why is mystery

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
I didn't even know you COULD put a forward slash in a folder name. hmmm maybe these are old folders made in OS9? since OSX uses the forward slash as the directory divider letter thingy (instead of the colon like in OS9--) ya that would prolly cause a problem :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.