Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Noticed since I updated to ios5 pinch to zoom on Safari & even some other app does not work all the time anymore. Google.com is one area on safari after doing a search that the zoom does not work.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Noticed since I updated to ios5 pinch to zoom on Safari & even some other app does not work all the time anymore. Google.com is one area on safari after doing a search that the zoom does not work.

Is it the mobile or desktop version? Sometimes, I've found that you can't change the zoom levels of mobile site versions.

carush

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
I started having this problem recently with the iPhone 4. Pinch zoom is not working consistently on Safari.

Last edited:

dougal55

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2009
London
Same here... just got this pinch to zoom problem in iPhone 4.. not working in Safari

I have the same problem this morning, pinch to zoom not working in Safari with Google search, Gizmodo, TiPb and even Macrumours plus Instapaper on my iPhone but flawlessly working on official Apple websites, BBC News. I am able to pinch to zoom in Photos, Maps, Mail without issues. So what gives?

A glitch in Safari?

Anything I should do to rectify the problem?

I tried restarting the iPhone as it usually resolves these kind of little problems but that didn't help. I have iOS 5.0.1 so it has the latest software so I suspect a glitch in Safari. Any ideas?

dougal

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I have the same problem this morning, pinch to zoom not working in Safari with Google search, Gizmodo, TiPb and even Macrumours plus Instapaper on my iPhone but flawlessly working on official Apple websites, BBC News. I am able to pinch to zoom in Photos, Maps, Mail without issues. So what gives?

A glitch in Safari?

Anything I should do to rectify the problem?

I tried restarting the iPhone as it usually resolves these kind of little problems but that didn't help. I have iOS 5.0.1 so it has the latest software so I suspect a glitch in Safari. Any ideas?

dougal

It has something to do with IOS5
I just had to exchange my iPad for a new one & the new one still had IOS4 on it and ptz worked fine everywhere but after I upgraded to IOS5 it stopped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.