Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hey, MacRumors Forums readers!

So, I've just received a new (replacement) iPhone 4 after having home button troubles, and I just updated it from 4.3.5 to 5, but in the setup on my new iPhone, the option to restore from backup never came up. I do believe that iTunes set up my iPhone as a new phone since the serial numbers are different vs. restoring from backup. Am I doing something wrong on my end?

I'm re-restoring it right now in iTunes to see if I can set it up from my backup, but the problem is that the backup's in iCloud. Does iTunes detect this with my Apple ID and just have it set it up on the iPhone? If it does, I never received the option. I'm just wondering if anyone has run into this problem as well and what you did to rectify it.

Thanks.

----------

And i've rectified my own issue. I re-restored it and didn't do anything via iTunes after iOS 5 was loaded. Set it up completely on my iPhone. got the dialog box to restore from iCloud backup, selected the backup I wanted, and in 5 minutes I'll be up and running.

Thanks for your upcoming and/or future responses everyone! Hopefully this'll help if anyone else runs into this problem with their replacement iPhones...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.