Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WasoBH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Hello guys, how are you?

I have a Macbook Pro and a PC with Windows 7, both are connected to my TimeCapsule by wireless.

I want to know if have a software to make a automatic backup from my PC like the Time Machine does with the Mac?

I have to format the TC in the ExFat format?

Thank you for the help!

MJL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Hello guys, how are you?

I have a Macbook Pro and a PC with Windows 7, both are connected to my TimeCapsule by wireless.

I want to know if have a software to make a automatic backup from my PC like the Time Machine does with the Mac?

I have to format the TC in the ExFat format?

Thank you for the help!

You cannot use time capsule to make a backup for windows.

You'll need another NTFS partition for making the Windows backups, OS X and Windows cannot share the same backup partition.

There is some free software, FBackup, that you can use to make automatic backups. (Even the build in windows backup can be used to make a backup with but I like the better control of FBackup.)

WasoBH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
You cannot use time capsule to make a backup for windows.

You'll need another NTFS partition for making the Windows backups, OS X and Windows cannot share the same backup partition.

There is some free software, FBackup, that you can use to make automatic backups. (Even the build in windows backup can be used to make a backup with but I like the better control of FBackup.)

Ah, so, there's no way to make it?

If i partition the TC in ExFat, the windows wont read yet?

akguild

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2010
MJL - are you saying that Windows backups can be performed using IBackup using a separate partition on the Time capsule?
I am in a situation where I am considering buying TC as I have a Macbook but would like to backup my wife's PC netbook also "automatically" each night, if possible onto the TC.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.