Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kosian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Hi there.
My problem is, what is the point of managing your photos to different folders if they all stay in camera rol anyway??? I don't see the point of having 1000 photos organised in separate folders and having them all in one massive folder... For example: if I don't want to organise all my photos and want some of them to be in camera roll but I don't want all of them to be there I need to go through 1000 photos to find one or two... I think this is pointless...

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Hi there.
My problem is, what is the point of managing your photos to different folders if they all stay in camera rol anyway??? I don't see the point of having 1000 photos organised in separate folders and having them all in one massive folder...

An example that, in my opinion, illustrates the point of organizing photos into different folders is that I take photos of many different things, including my newborn son, but I don't want to have to look through hundreds or even thousands of photos just to find ones of my son...so I've made a folder of photos of just him. That way I can access those photos easily without having to scroll through all of my photos.

For example: if I don't want to organise all my photos and want some of them to be in camera roll but I don't want all of them to be there I need to go through 1000 photos to find one or two... I think this is pointless...

If you don't want to organize all of your photos, then don't. Simple as that.

Bigtree

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
It is not pointless. If you have over 15,000 photos like I do, It is nice to have them in some sort of order. How could you find a photo that's 10 years old with no order?

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I wish moving photos to a folder "removed" them from the Camera Roll and they'd be found "only" in the new Folder.

I made a folder and moved photos but they are still in the camera roll. when i tried to delete those it would delete them everywhere.

I would LOVE to minimize the Camera Roll to place the photos in "x" folders and not in TWO places.

PLUS...these new folders always land me at the photo furthest from today's date...whereas the Camera Roll is opposite.

ODD.

kcmo

Suspended
Apr 21, 2011
I'm also disappointed in how photos are managed. I thought I'd be able to move photos between folders and I can't. Also can't delete photos from any folders...only from the camera roll.

Guess I need to go and re-arrange my pics on my PC and then do a sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.