Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TeamHotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
North east
Not sure if its IOS5 related but since this is a new issue i'm guessing it is.

Previously Iphone 4 4.2.1 no music problems. All of a sudden today i cant get music synced with my iphone 4 5.0. Its just completed a synch and not one song worked. So i'm trying again now. I have no idea what to try as none of my settings have changed, everything looks fine.:mad:

thatisme

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2010
United States
Ive noticed sync issues with music where songs and artists don't appear in your music (iPod) app, but if you search for the song, it is there.... I also had problems creating playlists... you could go through the whole process, but it wouldn't actually create the playlist.

I am in process of erasing my data and re-syncing to see if that clears up my issues.

iOS 5 seems very glitchy to me so far... In addition to the music thing I have sound volume issues (randomly the iPhone changes volume or mutes), distortion in sound files, distortion in music files, etc.

TeamHotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
North east
I've been lucky in that this is the only bug i've experianced. Even my battery life has been improved.

I took off all my music and re-synced and not one song went back onto my iphone. An i'm currently a little under half way through another sync attempt.

I'm sticking to a tethered sync with icloud back ups turned off.

TeamHotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
North east
Well if anyone else is following with the same sync issues. I rebooted my phone, and turned off wifi sync and now my musics going back on. only doing one artist at a time for now but it is working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.