Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrcrlee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
I recently discovered the macrumors buying guide, which highlights all of the products, the last refresh date, and offers an opinion on whether or not to buy.

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com//#Mac_Mini

Well, I am interested in the MacMini server and I can't decide if I let the buyer's guide influence me out of a purchase and to wait for the next refresh.

Someone push me one way or the other (MacMini server + 8gb upgrade from Amazon).

Edit: I'll add that it's currently: Neutral - Mid-product cycle (90 days since last refresh, avg. 265 days)

Gracias macrumor peeps.

Last edited:

mdgm

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2010
Buy. I wouldn't expect an update before mid-next year (apart from perhaps a possible minor spec bump).

rokey

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2011
NC
I watch it before new purchases if im unsure about time frame. but mac minis have come in the summer months as of recent. buy now!

Ice Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
It definitely influences me as I waited until the 2011 Mini's came out before I finally switched to Mac.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I don't really look at the buying guide; I follow the rumors and read Intel's release info and decide based on that. It's pretty easy to tell when something new is coming if you pay attention. I don't usually buy latest and greatest unless I have a need for it; otherwise I just buy what will work for what I want to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.