Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
This set of instructions was used by me today to get a disk image of the 10.7.2 Lion installer. After I downloaded the disk image on my mba 2011 I burned a dvd copy and also made a usb flash drive installer.

It downloads not the initial lion release but 10.7.2 installer ...

Here is the url macworld hints

G0meZ

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
thanks for the link.
it all worked, made me a dvd with the open installESD.dmg on it.
however, booting on this dvd does not work. also, when i dbl-click on the 'Install Mac OSX Lion' app on the dvd, it still wants to connect and download from the internet :confused:

symentak

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
I understand that Macbook Air 2011 and Mac Mini 2011 uses a pre-installed OS X Lion with a different build number (11A2063).

However, it seems that with 10.7.2 , there is only 1 build number: 11C74 , as per http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1633 , does it mean that 10.7.2 is a unified version of the OS X Lion for all mac products?

With what johnhurley said in the first post, does it mean that an offline Lion installer via the InstallESD.dmg of the Lion downloaded from Mac App Store finally works for both Macbook Air 2011 and Mac Mini 2011?

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
thanks for the link.
it all worked, made me a dvd with the open installESD.dmg on it.
however, booting on this dvd does not work. also, when i dbl-click on the 'Install Mac OSX Lion' app on the dvd, it still wants to connect and download from the internet :confused:

You should burn the disk image to the DVD and you end up with a bootable DVD ... that's what I ended up with.

When you boot it up you end up with something that looks similar to the recovery partition. Except when you pick install it has the whole os already on it versus downloading it from apple.

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Thanks to the OP for posting. Works nicely. I now have usb boot drives with the install files.

Thanks again.

I found these instructions somewhere ... don't recall. Glad they were useful to you.

People here are strange sometimes ... my original post was voted down by 2 so far???

G0meZ

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
not by me...until I read that, I never even bothered finding out what these plus/minus buttons are.

meanwhile, I got it running fine on a usb-stick...still no luck with dvds...whatever I try, the dvd is not recognized as bootable by my mbp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.