Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
CA
This case is awesome!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YJ7S4K

It fits like the incase slider, has a soft rubbery outside coating.

It has a lay on the table design, so that you can put it on it's face and the screen won't hit the table.

The top edge is thin so it barely adds any bulk. To me it's like the protection of the incase slider, with the thinness of the incase snap.

The best part is the price! I almost went to bestbuy to buy an incase slider for $39.99 but I'm glad my friend pointed me to the casecrown glider.

only thing I dislike is the big logo on the back.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
My favorite slider case too..did a review on this forum somewhere if u search

I have the metallic black, white and green

Like the op said, u can get 2 of these cases for the price of an incase slider

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
My favorite slider case too..did a review on this forum somewhere if u search

I have the metallic black, white and green

Like the op said, u can get 2 of these cases for the price of an incase slider

I too agree that this is my favorite case. Tight fit and it's slim comparted to the other slider cases i have seen, tried. Also there is no problem with having a front screen protector. I was even able to slide the case on with my PS protector on the back.

Lay on the table design...well it's at the very minumum, but you can do it. I wouldn't unless i had a screen protector though.

Price is awesome too. I was able to get the black matte and white metalic for $31.xx shipped from Amazon.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
CA
The camera hole is much smaller than the Speck cases. Any problems with the camera?

No problems that i've noticed from the camera so far. I haven't had this case that long.

Thinking about getting the metallic version of this case also

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL

alexxa

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
The metallic glide is much better than that case

To the person who asked about the camera...my 3 gliders have not been a problem with flashback issues. Once in a blue I get a few washed out pics. Pending on the lighting.

Def my fav slider case..works fine with back screen shield too
but i am afraid that the glass will shatter when the phone is dropped.:(

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I've got a question, one of my main problems with the incase slider case was that it didn't snap into place with the 2 pieces. I felt like the bottom would slide right off of it. Is it the same with casecrown? It doesn't look like there's much of a lip where it slides in. Also the case comes in matte right? I am not a fan of metallic.

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
This slider case does not snap into place it slides into place. It's very tight and there's not a problem of it slipping off. And yes there is a polycarbonate option also I love that case!

alexxa

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
will it scratch the phone when you put it on? coz i see videos on youtube and the case is very tight.
I am also afraid that i cant put a back glass protector on it.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
will it scratch the phone when you put it on? coz i see videos on youtube and the case is very tight.
I am also afraid that i cant put a back glass protector on it.

The inside of the case is lined with felt...shouldn't worry about scratches

I have back screen shield and it still goes on but def more snug...can be a pain if u take on and off, but works

alexxa

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
The inside of the case is lined with felt...shouldn't worry about scratches

I have back screen shield and it still goes on but def more snug...can be a pain if u take on and off, but works
is there any felt on the side also so that the case doesn't scratch the metal band of the phone? also will the case peel off screen protector?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
is there any felt on the side also so that the case doesn't scratch the metal band of the phone? also will the case peel off screen protector?

No felt on the side but haven't had problems with it scratching the band

If your using a quality screen shield, should have to problems with it pulling up...I haven't at all and I take the case off now and then

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.