Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
I was in bb yesterday to see if they had any open box mba or mbp because they can be great bargains. I didnt expect to find any. Man, was i shocked. There were about 40 mba open box for sale. Most were 11 inch. Bb genius -- oxymoron-- told me people continue to return the 11 because when they get it home its just too small and that rather then spend more fir a 13 inch they either buy a mbp 13 or go for a more inexpensive but more loaded superlight win7 laptop. My bb is in a very affluent and educated area in the northeast.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
your point? could you please do without all the short forms? it took me a while to decipher what you wrote. There was an earlier thread about this last year, people would get the base one that return them after they realized there iTunes took up over half os the storage.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I would bet they are high at many places for the following reasons:

1. Build Quality seems hit or miss
2. People trying to get specific combinations of SSD/Display :)confused:)

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
I would bet they are high at many places for the following reasons:

1. Build Quality seems hit or miss
2. People trying to get specific combinations of SSD/Display :)confused:)

Reason 2 seems more consistent with Apple Store because the Apple Store does not have a restocking fee; BB does, and I don't think they will waive it because you don't have the perfect SSD/Display combo. I agree with Reason 1 though. But I will also add:

3. People buy the lower capacity Macbook Airs (64GB) thinking that it would enough space for all their music, etc. only to find out that it is not, and they return it for that reason.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Doesn't surprise me. If I wanted to use my computer for anything more than word processing, the base MBA would be better used as an Apple cutter than a computer.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Bb does NOT have a restocking fee. They used to have one. They have the same 14 days as apple.

Reason 2 seems more consistent with Apple Store because the Apple Store does not have a restocking fee; BB does, and I don't think they will waive it because you don't have the perfect SSD/Display combo. I agree with Reason 1 though. But I will also add:

3. People buy the lower capacity Macbook Airs (64GB) thinking that it would enough space for all their music, etc. only to find out that it is not, and they return it for that reason.

----------

My point is made very clear. Everyone else who responded got it.

your point? could you please do without all the short forms? it took me a while to decipher what you wrote. There was an earlier thread about this last year, people would get the base one that return them after they realized there iTunes took up over half os the storage.

----------

Sorry no agenda. I own nothing but apple producys except for one hp laptop thats se eral years old. Do t feel eveything is a criticism of apple.

look at his other posts - just pure venom..alternate agenda in play here....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.