Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I spend quite a bit of time tagging my photos making sure they have the right camera, people tagged, photographer, etc. etc.

Is there a way to view more than just by album and by places? If not, this would be a welcome addition. For all the cool things Apple products offer, I'm amazed at the lack of what I would think would be totally standard features. I'm not sure if/how many other phones can do this, but it seems like it would be an incredibly easy feature to implement.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I spend quite a bit of time tagging my photos making sure they have the right camera, people tagged, photographer, etc. etc.

Is there a way to view more than just by album and by places? If not, this would be a welcome addition. For all the cool things Apple products offer, I'm amazed at the lack of what I would think would be totally standard features. I'm not sure if/how many other phones can do this, but it seems like it would be an incredibly easy feature to implement.

Sure, you can view by 'Faces'--option available at the bottom of the screen in the photos app on iPhone or top of the screen on iPad.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Sure, you can view by 'Faces'--option available at the bottom of the screen in the photos app on iPhone or top of the screen on iPad.

I don't see 'faces' on my iPhone (iPhone 4). Just albums and places.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
You have to tag the faces using either iPhoto or Aperture on a Mac.

If you do that, and then sync the photos from there to your phone, you'll see the 'Faces' button on the phone.

faces.jpg

Last edited:

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
You have to tag the faces using either iPhoto or Aperture on a Mac.

If you do that, and then sync the photos from there to your phone, you'll see the 'Faces' button on the phone.

wow, i hate apple for this kind of crap. not sure if this is the last straw, but them forcing me to do use itunes to sync my phone is bad enough. forcing me to use other mac products and their proprietary tagging system to be able to get full functionality on my phone is downright asinine.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
wow, i hate apple for this kind of crap. not sure if this is the last straw, but them forcing me to do use itunes to sync my phone is bad enough. forcing me to use other mac products and their proprietary tagging system to be able to get full functionality on my phone is downright asinine.

I'm not aware of a "non-proprietary face-tagging" system. This is kind of one of those strange fringe features.

It's not like HTML or e-mail where there's some big standard out there that Apple is ignoring. Everyone pretty much has to make up their own thing for stuff like this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think Lightroom DOES face tagging. So they're not just ignoring Adobe for no reason.

Last edited:

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003

Well how did you tag them? What program do you use?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.