Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lgwells1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
USA
iCloud for me works flawlessly, but for my fiancee it is being a PITB. iCal is not syncing with iCloud, and there for not syncing with her phone. I have everything checked to sync and unchecked and rechecked again. Different calendars are synced, but all of the different calendars are empty. What can I do to fix this?

friareunuch

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2009
one possible fix:

i had a similar issue. two iCloud accounts (one for my appleID and one for my migrated MobileMe account) and one set of devices - iPad, iPhone, mac.

i got everything set up the way i wanted first, sans content - basically i wanted all devices synced through the iCloud account so that i could ditch the secondary account.

i went ahead an added the second account to the mac, did a select all of the calendar events, then dragged onto the desktop. then i created an "Old" calendar on my primary iCloud account calendar.

finally, i doubled clicked the .ICS file on the desktop and told it to add all those events to the "Old" calendar. then i deleted the secondary account.

only downside was losing all the calendar designations for those old events. so that requires some manual entry/changes.

i'd love to hear if someone found a way around that bit.

lgwells1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
USA
Yeah, my fiancee is getting a little cranky with out her calendars on her iPhone :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.