Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
The iCloud local documents are stored in ~/Library/Mobile Documents, but I would not screw around in there.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
It is not designed to compete or be a Dropbox/SugarSync/Box.net replacement

It *may* eventually have that functionality, but that is undetermined

It is working from a different use model

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Honest question: Why? I assume it's to be able to access them from anywhere with a browser and the Internet but I'm curious. Thx.

Are you curious to as why people use services like Dropbox, or why it would be nicer to have it incorporated in iCloud than having to use an additional service for it?

Right now, I'm using backup, calendars, contacts, e-mail, notes, reminders and all the contents in a certain folder with the cloud. The folder syncing is the only service not included in iCloud.

Having it all under one roof, with one password, would be nice. If they'd incorporate say SugarSync into iCloud - I'd be happy. And probably many with me, because it's a well used service and I'm not the only one who likes having all the cloud services under one roof :)

As an example, I dropped Evernote the second I realized how the syncing of notes worked in iCloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.