Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikejfrd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I just got the second generation Magpul field case in today.

It looks like this case addressed the silent mode switch fitment issues (mine is a 4, but from the pictures you can see that they made the opening much longer to fit the 4s). Fitment is perfect and there is a slight "lip" around the front to help protect the screen. It doesnt add much bulk, but it feels very well made. I must say that so far I think this is the best case I've owned yet and for UNDER $10.00 you can't beat it!!!

I also own several other Magpul products for my AR15 and all of the their products are top notch and very well respected in the LE/Military community.

Enjoy...

DSCN04211.JPG

DSCN04231.JPG

DSCN04221.JPG

DSCN0416.JPG

Last edited:

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Do you think that you could get a screen protector on the iPhone with the magpul case on it? My field case will be here tomorrow, so just trying to get a jump on everything! From the looks of it, I'm going to be very happy with this case!

mikejfrd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It looks like there is enough room for a screen protector because the lip is slightly angled outward away from the screen. I can't tell for sure because I ditched the screen protector a few months ago.

I think you'll be very happy with this case.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Are they available in stores or online only ?

You can get it online or if I'm not mistaken a outdoor/gun/hunting equipment (drawing a blank on what word I want to use here)store would possibly have them as well.

Also, I would think a law enforcement supply shop would have them as well.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I just got the second generation Magpul field case in today.

It looks like this case addressed the silent mode switch fitment issues (mine is a 4, but from the pictures you can see that they made the opening much longer to fit the 4s). Fitment is perfect and there is a slight "lip" around the front to help protect the screen. It doesnt add much bulk, but it feels very well made. I must say that so far I think this is the best case I've owned yet and for UNDER $10.00 you can't beat it!!!

I also own several other Magpul products for my AR15 and all of the their products are top notch and very well respected in the LE/Military community.

Enjoy...

In reference to the part I bolded above, they actually addressed the vibrate switch issue on the 2nd version of the original "Executive Field Case" when they tweaked that design to fit the Verizon CDMA iPhone 4. So the original "Executive Field Case" and this new "Field Case" will both fit the iPhone 4S, and AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4.

mikejfrd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
In reference to the part I bolded above, they actually addressed the vibrate switch issue on the 2nd version of the original "Executive Field Case" when they tweaked that design to fit the Verizon CDMA iPhone 4. So the original "Executive Field Case" and this new "Field Case" will both fit the iPhone 4S, and AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4.

Oh ok cool. Even better!

tpavur

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
Bulky and ugly, IMO.

It is ugly, I use their mags daily and these cases have the same design with the lines that come out... However even though I rely on their military products, this case does not appeal to me.

mikejfrd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
It does have a rugged look exactly like their PMags. It's certainly personal preference. It is not however "bulky" imo compared to other cases that provide as much protection as this one does.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I received mine today. I do like the case, but it's actually a tad thicker then I was expecting. I will definitely be keeping it due because it seems to be a great case! I don't think anyone can go wrong for $10!

gmhag

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
For those of you who have gotten your's in the mail, how are you liking it? I think i'm going to go for the regular field case over the exec case. From what i can tell the only difference is the extra ribbing on the field case. Any other differences?

jzam04

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Could you post if you are getting white/hazy pictures when using the flash when it is dark? I have the executive case and when I take these type of pictures with the case on I get the white/hazy effect people have been complaining about. Without the case the phone does not have this issue.

I ask because the field case has a different opening for the camera than my executive case and maybe that resolves the issue.

gmhag

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
I got two field cases one in orange and one in black. I'm sporting the orange now, it's a burnt orange and i think it will only look better when it gets a little dirty and worn. The material is awesome. Not as floppy as the other cases you see but its definitly not hardshell because it does still bend when there is no phone inside. Slips in and out of pockets without sticking too much but still has enough grip if you put it on a chair arm it wont slide off.. I wish they had made the buttons a little more pronounced because there are a lot of bulges on the sides and sometimes you have to look at it to make sure you are pressing in the right spot. The buttons are a little difficult to press. Being able to take a photo with the volume button is almost impossible because you have to press it so hard the phone is shaking and comes out blurry every time. Other than that I am loving this case and the compromises are worth it, especially for $9.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Everyone is entitled to their personal likes and dislikes...

I have an Exec Field and it is one of the best cases I have purchased, esp for $10. The material is very unique. I personally like them.

It looks to me like your case is thicker than the Exec. Mine is very thin and comes just up the sides a bit to provide face down protection, but doesn't cover the glass at all.

HKUSP.40

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Awesome case from an awesome company. I, personally, love it.

mikejfrd, is the case flimsy/rubbery or hard polymer like the p-mags?

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
The case is made out of the same material as the original Magpul loop. A stiff rubber is the best I can describe it.

HKUSP.40

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Hm...they should have made the Executive Field Case out of the Magpul Loop rubber and the standard Field Case out of the PMAG Hard Polymer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.