PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try to mount iPad in minivan?

Ponderous
Oct 19, 2011, 09:30 PM
Planning a long drive with the kids. Looking to mount the iPad 2 from the ceiling where the drop down compartment is for the DVD system (an option we didn't get). I know they make cheap holders for the back of the front seat but I have two little ones and one iPad so I need to mount it in the center and keep it under $500 otherwise I'd just buy aother iPad :D

Thanks for any suggestions.

takeshi74
Oct 19, 2011, 11:00 PM
I need to mount it in the center and keep it under $500 otherwise I'd just buy aother iPad :D

That's a terrible mounting solution.

You'll really need to provide more details on the mounting location you're trying to use. It's impossible to make recommendations with no information. What's the make and model of the minivan at least? Measurements? Can you screw into the drop down compartment?

Dhelsdon
Oct 20, 2011, 09:28 AM
I would suggest buying the RAM mount which you simply remove a bolt from the seat and re-attach. Based on what you've said, theoretically you could remove the rear left bolt from the front passenger bucket seat, then re-attach it with the mount in place.

The mount is fully adjustable and all you would need to do is simply bend it so that the iPad is positioned between the two bucket seats (behind console).

That specific mount will put you out about 80$ but it's high quality and I believe it would suit your needs just fine.

MrRon
Oct 20, 2011, 10:23 AM
I am looking for this also. I have tried the Griffin in car system and its not good...

http://www.griffintechnology.com/ipad/in-car

Anyone has some good suggestions?

wrinkster22
Oct 20, 2011, 10:30 AM
a google search showed many that mounted onto widows, what if you mounted it onto the windshield

jshannon01
Oct 22, 2011, 09:53 PM
Sounds painful.

so I need to mount it in the center