Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
Ok so my 12 in powerbook came on saturday, and i'm wondering why i didn't switch years ago. sheesh, its amazing. Just thought i'd let you guys know what i switched from:

Gateway Desktop Machine
Windows 98
550mhz PIII
128 Ram
8 Mg Intel Graphics
+ many virus' and plenty of spyware/adware!!!

To:
12in Powerbook SD
OSX Panther (Tiger coming)
1.5Ghz G4
512 Ram
64 Mg graphics

Few, Amazing

(enough said)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
That leap in speed and reliability is so great I cannot really express it... and Tiger is going to make it even greater...

Congratulations on an excellent choice... you will not regret it... :)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Yep. That little 4 lb. wonder in a 1" enclosure sure packs quite a bit of power and functionality.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
welcome!

Reading your post immediately made me have a flash back to Jun 04 when I finally switched after years of thinking about it and got my very beautiful 17" PB!

sigh
I still remember the revelations that followed each day after that day that changed how I view computers!

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
DJY said:
sigh
I still remember the revelations that followed each day after that day that changed how I view computers!

Tell me about it! I cant stand anything that doesn't have the layout and eye-candy of my mac. And everyday since ive just been thinking, "woah, this is not the experience computing used to be!"

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
From your previous set up even upgrading to XP would seem awesome! But to a nice new PB running Tiger...you're in for a lot of fun ;)

Welcome to the fold! :)

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
buryyourbrideau said:
wasnt the first time you typed on your pb or ibook keyboard like incredible?

Yeah, i don't know what it is, but my pb keyboard just has that certain something to it. i was considering gettin a BT keyboard for when it is at my desk, but that idea is long gone. Plus, (on a side note), you can have soooooo many applications open at once, ive had about 50 pages open at the same time with hardly any difference in speed, my old computer took ages to open "My Document" :eek: . But Things are different NOw ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.