PDA

View Full Version : 13' i5 air heat and fan speed issues

deliverance
Oct 20, 2011, 04:59 AM
this is my first macbook so im quite inexperienced about it. maybe my problem is completely normal, if so sorry about that.
currently im watching a 720p movie online, and there is no other applications running. the temperature istat pro shows is 88C and the fan is running with 2045 rpm. how is this happening? is this temp. and fan speed normal? if its not, what should i do? the fans-or fan should have kicked in right?

if you dont have an answer, i would be grateful if you just write down your temperature and fan speed in my situation.

miles01110
Oct 20, 2011, 05:01 AM
It's normal.

deliverance
Oct 20, 2011, 05:07 AM
It's normal.

so you're telling me if i do multitasking, the air will turn in to a fireball.
its too hot to touch.

miles01110
Oct 20, 2011, 05:10 AM
so you're telling me if i do multitasking, the air will turn in to a fireball.
its too hot to touch.

Yep. If you had followed the rules and searched the forum, this would not have come as a surprise. Countless people have posted "Macbook Air/Pro Heat issues" when they have no heat issues.

deliverance
Oct 20, 2011, 05:19 AM
Yep. If you had followed the rules and searched the forum, this would not have come as a surprise. Countless people have posted "Macbook Air/Pro Heat issues" when they have no heat issues.

i think i couldn't express myself well. my main problem is the fan. it never kicks in-even at 90C-, always stable at 2000rpm-around. I'm afraid of damaging the hardware. people are saying their fans are at 3500 rpm while watching videos. so there is definitely something wrong.

and sorry for not reading the rules and other topics, I'm pretty busy nowadays and i didn't want to lose more time. sorry for bad english too.

ZipZap
Oct 20, 2011, 05:30 AM
Burning hot is not right. If the fan speed does not change then this might be the problem.

Call apple for assistance in resetting some of the MBA internals.

If that does not work, return it for a replacement.

I series MBA will be warmer than their C2D counter-parts, but you should be able to put in your lap against skin and use it.