PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S Defender Case Problem?

RonHC
Oct 20, 2011, 05:39 PM
I just got the Defender Case for the iPhone 4S, everything fits well but the rubber piece for the mute switch won't stick to the plastic hard shell.

When the rubber piece covers the mute switch, it doesn't go all the way down. One side will be sticking out and the side that places the hard shell and the rubber case together has a gap on it

A: Thin Piece of the Hard Shell
B: The gap/bump the rubber piece makes

Macman45
Oct 20, 2011, 05:44 PM
Been used on an iphone4? I have the same Otterbox kit, but my 4S is out for delivery next week.

The dimensions are supposed to be the same...I'm starting to wonder.

Ordred the clear snap shell with mine. Anyway, I've email'd my Apple guru...Will post back.

RonHC
Oct 20, 2011, 05:48 PM
Been used on an iphone4? I have the same Otterbox kit, but my 4S is out for delivery next week.

The dimensions are supposed to be the same...I'm starting to wonder.

Ordred the clear snap shell with mine. Anyway, I've email'd my Apple guru...Will post back.

Not it hasn't

Mojo1
Oct 21, 2011, 12:35 PM
The case may be defective. I have two 4S Defender cases and the mute switch cover is flush with the case.

I have noticed that some Defender cases have minor defects; I looked at 4-5 at the ATT store.

RonHC
Oct 21, 2011, 02:19 PM
The case may be defective. I have two 4S Defender cases and the mute switch cover is flush with the case.

I have noticed that some Defender cases have minor defects; I looked at 4-5 at the ATT store.

That may be, It is better now than it was yesterday but I still have that bump on the side, its probably that small thin piece of the hard shell.
A: Thin Piece of the Hard Shell
B: The gap/bump the rubber piece makes

cfairbank
Oct 21, 2011, 03:39 PM
Received my new OB Defender for the 4S today. Some small changes from the 4 case. The silicone is redesigned, seems a little more durable and tighter fitting. The cut out for the ear speaker, light sensor, and camera is all in one which I like better than the old 4 case. Finally, it appears this would be a universal case that would fit the old 4 cause the mute switch sits near the bottom edge of the slot so there is room for both models.

Mojo1
Oct 21, 2011, 04:17 PM
Well, I just looked at my case and there is the tiniest bump at the same location. It can hardly be called a "bump." If I hadn't looked very carefully I never would have noticed it.

The bump on your case maybe looks just a teeny bit larger...

I'm certainly not going to worry about it; I suggest that you do the same. ;)