Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2pnk1stnk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I have 2 Jail broken iPhone 3gs on IOS 5 both unlocked with ultrasn0w. One phone the iMessage picks up other IOS 5 iPhones no problem, but my second one, it will not, everything sends as a text message (green send Button/green bubble). I am not sure what is causing this to happen, I have created a icloud account for each device, I have done everything in the settings for imessage, but still cannot get it to work. Under the iMessage on/off switch, it says waiting for activations on both phones. Hopefully I can get a working solutions with out having to re-jailbreak.

redmamoth

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2011
Same problem here, my un-jailbroken 4S will not pickup my girlfriends un-jailbroken 3Gs, both on iOS5, both got iMessage enable, both got our email and phone numbers setup, both can iMessage other people, but not each other!? What gives? Is iMessage in beta like SIRI by any chance!?

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
make sure the phone numbers in your address book are formatted correctly... sometimes you'll need BOTH 1 AND the XXX area code in order for it to recognize iOS 5/iMessage.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Same problem here, my un-jailbroken 4S will not pickup my girlfriends un-jailbroken 3Gs, both on iOS5, both got iMessage enable, both got our email and phone numbers setup, both can iMessage other people, but not each other!? What gives? Is iMessage in beta like SIRI by any chance!?

Odd.

Make sure you have the correct iCloud email addresses in your contacts. Delete the current message thread or start a new one with the recipient's iCloud ID instead of phone number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.