PDA

View Full Version : Power Support Under Otterbox

captsanner295
Oct 21, 2011, 01:59 PM
I have a lot of grit and sand where I work. I have found that the grit and sand some how works itself into the case and has scratch it up a good bit. Im thinking about putting a crystal set front and back under my otterbox defender.

Will the screen still work with 2 layers of screen protectors??

Thanks for any help!

pavelbure
Oct 21, 2011, 04:35 PM
not sure about 2 layers. I do know the defenders screen protector basically covers the whole screen anyways, so a 2nd screen protector wouldn't really be necessary.

MacHunter420
Oct 21, 2011, 10:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not the Otterbox case, the only case like that, that will work with film front and back, is the griffin survivor case, far superior to the Otterbox, better silicone, and actually passed Mil Spec for blown dust dirt and sand, and wind blown rain, not to mention drop and hock protection 5x superior to a crap Otterbox.

rapaleeman
Oct 21, 2011, 11:05 PM
For starters, the Survivor is a better case to keep the dirt and grime out of it. Not sure why the person above me was down voted. It is true. Though the Otterbox is still a decent case, it isn't my rugged case of choice anymore.

As for the PS under the Otterbox, you need to use an anti-glare one. The crystal screen protector will stick to the built-in screen protector causing really nasty bubble/watermarking. The anti-glare will not.

captsanner295
Oct 21, 2011, 11:13 PM
not sure about 2 layers. I do know the defenders screen protector basically covers the whole screen anyways, so a 2nd screen protector wouldn't really be necessary.

Coverage is not the problem. Its debris getting up inside of the otterbox and scratching the glass from the inside. Just one layer with the otterbox isn't cutting it.

I have the Survivor and does much MUCH better than the otterbox but looking for just a bit more.