Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Hello,
I have the mid-range I7 dual core mac mini 2011 with the discrete AMD graphic card. When I put the computer to sleep, one time out of two, and now even more often, it wakes up but my 30" Apple cinema display doesn't show anything. (This started just today, though I've only had the computer 2 days..) Sometimes it's ok, but now more often I have to push the power button on the mac mini to put it back to sleep, and then wake it again for the screen to come on, which it does. Everything else seems to work fine so far but this is a bit of a pain.
I've done the Pram and smc reset, so I don't think that's the problem. I usually put the computer to sleep, and then turn the screen off. I turn the screen on and then wake the computer. (I remember that there was a similar problem years ago when connecting an old mini or macbook to the 30" ACD.) Any advice on how to set this up so I don't have to go through these acrobatics after waking the computer up. Maybe something is wrong with the way I have this set up but it worked for the first day and now the problem is reoccurring.
Thanks

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
Do you have problems if you don't turn off the ACD? You don't need to turn it off; it sleeps when the computer stops providing video.

Additionally, have you tried unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in? Does the computer recognize it then? If not, you should probably take the computer back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.