PDA

View Full Version : Used iPod Classic Going Price

chezabelle
Oct 22, 2011, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to post, searched the forums to see if someone else had already asked but I didn't come up with anything.

What's the going price for a used 7th generation iPod Classic 160 GB? Someone on Craigslist is offering to sell me one for $150. I'd be getting the iPod and the USB cord nothing else.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance.

wrinkster22
Oct 22, 2011, 03:38 PM
depends on the condition, But i would get it at that price.

powerbook911
Oct 22, 2011, 04:11 PM
Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to post, searched the forums to see if someone else had already asked but I didn't come up with anything.

What's the going price for a used 7th generation iPod Classic 160 GB? Someone on Craigslist is offering to sell me one for $150. I'd be getting the iPod and the USB cord nothing else.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance.

You can get a refurb from Apple for $209 I believe.

The older classics seem to keep going up in value after originally falling of course. The 7th generation is a bit difference since they are still sold.

A new one from Apple or Amazon isn't a horrible deal. Whatever you do, I'd keep all the original packaging and whatnot, if you ever need to sell it, that helps dramatically.

$150 is not a bad deal if it is REALLY good condition. Just know you won't have any warranty like you would with the refurb on Apple or new on Amazon.

chezabelle
Oct 24, 2011, 09:30 AM
@wrinkster22, powerbook911

Thanks for the advice! Decided to pass on the used classic, went to see it and it was pretty beat up. Makes more sense to save up a bit more and get a refurbished one.

puma1552
Oct 30, 2011, 03:29 PM
Why pay $209 for a refurb when Amazon sells a brand new one for $228?