Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

old-school

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
UK
So, the calendar on my iPhone won't save new events - it just gives the error message "Cannot Save Event" "That event does not belong to that event store".

Any ideas? I've got iPhone 4 with iOS5. I'm using a me.com account that used to be a mobileme account, and I'm using a GMail address for purchases.

old-school

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
UK
I've now realised that it also won't let me save any new phone contacts. It goes through the process ok, but the contact isn't saved.

TranceNW

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2007
Essex, United Kingdom
This bug seems to be creeping up a lot.

My inlaws had a similar issue. We found going into settings > mail accounts and deleting all my accounts, restarting the device, and then re-adding them solved it. Very bizarre.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Ive had a lot of issues with google accounts on my iPhone. Solution, copied my cal to ical (icloud) and copied my addresses to mobileme a while ago, and I forward my gmail to my me.com account...now the only account I have syncing on my phone is my icloud account....works perfectly.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Try going into Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and verify that the default accounts for contacts and calendars are correct. If they are, try changing them, and then change them back.

old-school

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
UK
Thanks for the suggestions.

I resolved the issue by restoring through iTunes and setting the iPhone up again from backup. I think it was an iCloud related problem even though I'm sure I followed all the upgrade procedure properly. I re-added the iCloud account through the iCloud menu option, not through Mail,Contacts,Calendars.

An odd problem, but now resolved thankfully.

old-school

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
UK
I've opened this thread back up, because after attempting a backup sync to iCloud, I've got the problem back again. No contacts save, error messages come up in calendar.

I will reset the phone as before (long and tedious), but this is an iCloud problem.

I won't bother backing up to iCloud again. Frustrating. "It just works"...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.