PDA

View Full Version : Installing Tiger on Powermac G4 Yikes,Booting trouble??

shadowmoses
May 12, 2005, 01:01 PM
Hi there,

I just bought myself OSX Tiger and am very keen to install it on my Powermac G4 Yikes (PCI) i have installed my own Sony DVD-rom to replace the Cd-rom which i got it with and i think this is where the problem is arising from;

I cannot get my Yikes G4 to boot from my non apple DVD i have tried holding down "C" with no luck the macine just boots as normal. And as this powermac doesnt support Target mode booting i cannot boot from my external Plextor DVD Writer.

If anyone could please solve my problem without having to resort to the CD based Tiger i would be very grateful.

Peace,

Shadow

wdlove
May 12, 2005, 05:02 PM
Have you tried running Repair Permissions? Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > select your HD > Repair Permissions

If its internal, I would think that you should be alright. I have had occasions where the C-Key doesn't work.

Nermal
May 12, 2005, 05:08 PM
Try holding Option wile turning on the system, and it should give you a list of bootable drives.

You could also try clicking the Install Mac OS X icon on the DVD, which should set your Startup Disk to the DVD.