Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ptaylor9

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Hi All,
Looking for a bit of advice regarding syncing calendars across various devices etc.

The way I have things set up at the minute, I have a GMail calendar, my girlfirend has a GMail calendar, and we subscribe to each others on our phones/laptops (I am iPhone/MacbookPro, she is Android HTC desire) and things work well. Basically, all Google based, not using the standard iCal calendars.

Now I want to be awkward and upset the balance. Since iCloud came out, I want to start using the main Calendars on iCal so the events etc appear on the iCloud website. But i'm concerned that if I move all my events from Google to iCal, it will be a struggle to get my girlfriend's phone to see them...?

Yeah, so, bit confused, and dont want to end up with loads of duplicated events if I mess the sync up!

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.
Cheers,
P.

blondepianist

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
USA
I set up a friend's MobileMe calendar on his Android, so I'm sure it's possible with iCloud. You'll need to find a good CalDAV client. I think I just used me.com as the server address, and his username or email and password. Wish I could remember which calendar app I used though...

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I'm looking to go from my iPhone 4 to Galaxy S2 and am not sure how I want to sync calendars and contacts. It can be tough to get out of the Apple ecosystem when you're neck deep in it like I am (still have an iPad and MBP).

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I'm looking to go from my iPhone 4 to Galaxy S2 and am not sure how I want to sync calendars and contacts. It can be tough to get out of the Apple ecosystem when you're neck deep in it like I am (still have an iPad and MBP).

Going to an Android, it's probably easier to take everything from your iPhone into Google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.