PDA

View Full Version : Syncing iCal, iCloud and Android

ptaylor9
Oct 24, 2011, 04:05 AM
Hi All,
Looking for a bit of advice regarding syncing calendars across various devices etc.

The way I have things set up at the minute, I have a GMail calendar, my girlfirend has a GMail calendar, and we subscribe to each others on our phones/laptops (I am iPhone/MacbookPro, she is Android HTC desire) and things work well. Basically, all Google based, not using the standard iCal calendars.

Now I want to be awkward and upset the balance. Since iCloud came out, I want to start using the main Calendars on iCal so the events etc appear on the iCloud website. But i'm concerned that if I move all my events from Google to iCal, it will be a struggle to get my girlfriend's phone to see them...?

Yeah, so, bit confused, and dont want to end up with loads of duplicated events if I mess the sync up!

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.
Cheers,
P.

blondepianist
Oct 24, 2011, 02:37 PM
I set up a friend's MobileMe calendar on his Android, so I'm sure it's possible with iCloud. You'll need to find a good CalDAV client. I think I just used me.com as the server address, and his username or email and password. Wish I could remember which calendar app I used though...

miamialley
Jan 9, 2012, 07:43 PM
I'm looking to go from my iPhone 4 to Galaxy S2 and am not sure how I want to sync calendars and contacts. It can be tough to get out of the Apple ecosystem when you're neck deep in it like I am (still have an iPad and MBP).

verwon
Jan 9, 2012, 08:00 PM
I'm looking to go from my iPhone 4 to Galaxy S2 and am not sure how I want to sync calendars and contacts. It can be tough to get out of the Apple ecosystem when you're neck deep in it like I am (still have an iPad and MBP).

Going to an Android, it's probably easier to take everything from your iPhone into Google.

miamialley
Jan 9, 2012, 09:14 PM
Going to an Android, it's probably easier to take everything from your iPhone into Google.

Then there's the problem of all my iTunes music.