PDA

View Full Version : Advice please..

NaomiSmithxO
Oct 24, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hey hey - Could do with a little advice..

I'm planning to get a MBP within the next week to month.. as I need a new laptop...

My dilemma is over the 13"/15" model... (In advance I did read the guides but still am conflicted choice wise)

My main uses would be:
- Browsing and downloading
- Watching TV series online and movies etc
- Word processing and other small data related tasks...
- Photoshop now and again, not alot..
- Virtual DJing software

The 13" is great because of:
- Price with student discount..
- Small and portable which is great..however this year I won't be travelling alot tbh..but for uni next year it will be great.

Its not great due to:
- Integrated graphics card unit..

The 15" is great because of:
- Dedicated graphics card
- Screen size and the customisation screen options such as anti glare (I think?)

Its not great due to:
- Price (1300 something after student discount)
- Portability (although i don't take my laptop out alot tbh)

My current laptop has a dedicated GPU which is why I can't at the moment bring myself down to settling for the 13"'s Intel 3000..

I can't wait until next year unfortunately, it has to be bought within the next month or so, so I won't get to benefit from whats expected in 2012..

I just can't seem to decide...and its really annoying..

Stupid question to go along with the initial Q... but will the 13" MBPs still be with us come 2012?

In my eyes there's no reason why they shouldn't but just curious.. :)

BigJohno
Oct 24, 2011, 06:36 PM
I would look into a 13" macbook air for your needs.

jmpnop
Oct 24, 2011, 10:29 PM
I think the Intel 3000 will be fine for your needs as long as you don't do some serious editing.

I would look into a 13" macbook air for your needs.

When MBP 13" isn't sufficient for OP, you're suggesting MBA 13":rolleyes:

twiggy0
Oct 25, 2011, 02:06 AM
Don't get a Macbook Air.

I'd recommend looking into getting a used one online if you're not too picky. Usually, the only difference you can tell is the extra money in your pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&x=0&ref_=nb_sb_noss&y=0&field-keywords=macbook%20pro%2015&url=search-alias%3Daps&_encoding=UTF8&tag=onlineforums-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957