Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Is this correct, mine is doing this, thought it had to be plugged in for this to happen?

lifeguard

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
Yeah, my iPad 2 and my iPhone 4 are both syncing constantly unplugged..... Anyone else?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Yeah, my iPad 2 and my iPhone 4 are both syncing constantly unplugged..... Anyone else?

My iPhone was syncing for a couple hours the other day after unplugging it - obviously sync had hung up somehow. I went into Settings - iTunes WiFi Sync and Canceled Sync to stop it. Hasn't recurred.

Mindy60

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
Houston, TX USA
This worked for me.

My iPhone was syncing for a couple hours the other day after unplugging it - obviously sync had hung up somehow. I went into Settings - iTunes WiFi Sync and Canceled Sync to stop it. Hasn't recurred.

This didn't work for me (I am using a PC). What I did was go into iTunes. And where it showed that my iPhone was connected (as if I plugged it in), on the Summary tab I un-checked "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi". Then iTunes connected to my iPhone wirelessly, then disconnected my iPhone from iTunes.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I'm not having that issue with my MacBook. I am able to sync if I initiate it from the context menu even when it's not connected to power, but it only automatically starts the sync if it's plugged into a power source.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.