Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
After a short nap I wake up my PB and it functions as usual. I mouse over to a shrunk Firefox window, open it, and continue reading down the forum that I was on prior to the nap.

Problem is when I click for the next page, nothing happens. The link clicks and changes color as usual, however nothing happens. I check another tab, same thing. When I go to click the reload button at the top, a little drop-down alert says "http is not a registered protocol". Close the window, quit FF, and restart and there are no problems.

Currently on a network, wired in ( :( ), and left the cable connected when machine went to sleep and also when taken out of sleep. Any ideas on what this is/means or what causes it?

efoto

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
It has been a few days....no one have any ideas? It happened once when I first logged on to a friends wireless network at his flat, but the proxy settings from work were still set in FF so not sure if that mattered. Turned it to direct, relaunched FF, and no problems so far.

What exactly does this error even mean?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.