Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lionqueen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
I have a new 4S, 64 gig white, and it's getting awful battery life. I have a Genius bar appointment on thursday, but I went ahead and bought a Mophie Air case this past sunday. It said it would "close to double" my time on the phone.

Today I had the case off the phone. I charged the case up, and when my iPhone got to 10 percent, I put it on the case. I then listened to three Guns n Roses songs at high volume, did a bit of twitter, took a 45 second video, and played some Cat Physics. Now a few hours later, the case has charged my phone to 72%, and is now dead :/ Am I wrong in thinking that this isn't very good? For a case that cost 80 bucks? I mean that's not that much use - I wasn't blasting music for an hour, I played THREE songs, and a few rounds of Cat Physics, and some surfing. I don't know, I'm just disappointed.

Love to hear your thoughts on Mophie. Should I return it and get the super duper one, the one that costs 120? The boy seems to think maybe it's cos my battery is crap, and it's pulling too much juice from the Mophie?....

TigerBabe

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
Hollywood
I cant speak for Air but the plus will only charge the iphone 4 from dead to completly full once. So that sounds about right for the Air.

Anthony81586

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
It deff seems like u have a battery drain issue. But yea as far as the morphine, that charge seems right. I normally let it run down to about 30% before I flick it on. It normally either tips off or is up in the 90's. I love the case and the functionality.

On a side note, I posted a thread about not being able to top off the charges at night, are you having this issue??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.