Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Anybody used this for the White iPhone 4S, It looks really nice.

http://www.casecrown.com/iphone-4-4s/slash-glider/iphone-4-metallic-slash-glider-case

Thanks.

Not the same case map1978. You did a great review of the CaseCrown 'Metallic Glider' ... but the OP is asking about is the CaseCrown SLASH Glider.

Key differences include:
- PURE lay on the table design where the case comes up over the top of the front bezel (unlike the CaseCrown Metallic Glider)
- Slashes on the side of the case for improved grip
- Different camera cutout

I think the extra protection of the pure lay on the table design make it a better choice than the CaseCrown Metallic Glider

I ordered this off of Amazon for $14 just now and in a couple of days I'll give you guys my opinions of it.

In the meantime here is the one and only youtube review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_2ENvM4PK0

Anyone else get this specific case btw? I would love to hear your opinions of it and if the white case interferes with the flash washout of pictures
:)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Not the same case map1978. You did a great review of the CaseCrown 'Metallic Glider' ... but the OP is asking about is the CaseCrown SLASH Glider.

Key differences include:
- PURE lay on the table design where the case comes up over the top of the front bezel (unlike the CaseCrown Metallic Glider)
- Slashes on the side of the case for improved grip
- Different camera cutout

I think the extra protection of the pure lay on the table design make it a better choice than the CaseCrown Metallic Glider

I ordered this off of Amazon for $14 just now and in a couple of days I'll give you guys my opinions of it.

In the meantime here is the one and only youtube review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_2ENvM4PK0

Anyone else get this specific case btw? I would love to hear your opinions of it and if the white case interferes with the flash washout of pictures
:)

I have the white Case Crown Glider - not the slash but the Glider and I can see two differences between the regular and the slash Glider. The description on their website only mentions the ribbing on the side as the only difference. However, from the photo it sure does appear like the front lay coverage is more with the slash. I personally like the glider as it doesn't interfere with the screen protector at all and it actually is a teeny weeny bit higher than the screen. I really like this case on the white phone. the color is so close that it looks like it's part of the phone. As far as the white wash out with flash - every white case I've had on my white phone has caused some wash out including the white phone itself. I personally only take a flash photo if I absolutely have to. I much more prefer natural lighting and the camera on the 4S is amazing taking photos in lower light.

I like everything about this case except for that it is such a tight fit and when I say tight, I mean tight. It was hard to get on and doesn't budge. I asked CrownCase and other reviewers on Amazon tips for how to remove it as that's how tight it is. Case Crown says to remove the bottom first and then have two people pull it apart - one on the phone and the other on the case. Was recommended to spread it apart to stretch it a bit before putting it back on. Also heard from another customer that they had to use rubber dish washing gloves for a good grip.

So anyway - I highly recommend this case - really like it as it so compliments the white phone. It has a great quality build, matches the white iPhone perfectly and appears like it will be scratch resistant or at least the light surface scratches thus far aren't noticeable at all. It also provides full coverage in a slim minimalistic design.

I guess I better like it a lot, especially if I can't remove it.;)

So

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Okay I can report that I didn't wait until the weekend to extract my phone from the Case Crown glider. I can happily say that I used the rubber dish washing gloves for better grip and was able to pull it off with no issues - still was tight but no scratches to my phone or the case.

So now I would also say that I like this case even more and might pick up a couple more in different colors.

alexxa

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
if i hv a front and back screen protector will my phone fit in the case? and will it bubble up the protectors?

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Forgot to post pictures for those that don't know about the case:

cc-ip4-uv2-wht-0.jpg

cc-ip4-uv2-wht-7.jpg

cc-ip4-uv2-wht-4.jpg

cc-ip4-uv2-wht-8.jpg

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
How well does it protect the front screen? Is there a lip?

The "slash" definitely has a protective lip on the front. The Glider clips on the metal edges and does come up just a minuscule amount higher than the screen so if you were to put the cased phone face down on a table, the screen would not touch.

----------

if i hv a front and back screen protector will my phone fit in the case? and will it bubble up the protectors?

I cannot speak for the "slash" version as the front edges do come up over the screen. The regular "glider" does not affect the front screen protector at all.

I have both front and back protectors on my phone and the "glider" is definitely a very tight fit. You almost have to force it on. However, it also makes for a perfect glove-like fit with no gapping. Looks like it's part of the phone itself. Seriously, when I say "tight fit", I mean tight fit. I did get the case off today but by using rubber gloves and some real power behind the pulling. I would say that neither of these cases would be for the consumer that likes to swap cases daily and quickly.

----------

Why is this polycarbonate case called "metallic"? It is absolutely made by plastic.

You know this case is polycarbonate but at first when I received it, I had to check a number of times to make sure it wasn't metal. The finish of the paint is really nice - no bubbles, no peeling - just a high gloss finish. At least I think it is a painted finish as the body of the inside of the case is black even though the case is gloss white.

alexxa

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
The "slash" definitely has a protective lip on the front. The Glider clips on the metal edges and does come up just a minuscule amount higher than the screen so if you were to put the cased phone face down on a table, the screen would not touch.

----------

I cannot speak for the "slash" version as the front edges do come up over the screen. The regular "glider" does not affect the front screen protector at all.

I have both front and back protectors on my phone and the "glider" is definitely a very tight fit. You almost have to force it on. However, it also makes for a perfect glove-like fit with no gapping. Looks like it's part of the phone itself. Seriously, when I say "tight fit", I mean tight fit. I did get the case off today but by using rubber gloves and some real power behind the pulling. I would say that neither of these cases would be for the consumer that likes to swap cases daily and quickly.
do you notice any scratches on the phone after pulling the case off?
and does the hard plastic inside of the case contact with the metal band on the iphone?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
do you notice any scratches on the phone after pulling the case off?
and does the hard plastic inside of the case contact with the metal band on the iphone?

As anxious as I was to pull off the case due to the extreme tightness of this case, I can happily report - the phone was fine with absolutely no scratches and the case was also fine.

The inside of the case has a felt lining to protect the back of the phone. The sides do not have any lining and I do believe it is plastic directly on the metal part of the phone but thankfully no scratching anywhere when I removed it this morning.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011

Well... the case came and I have to say it is awesome for protection:
- FULL lay on the table design with a lip that comes over the bezel so that even if your phone lands on its face it is still 100% protected (unlike the Metallic Glider that doesn't have a lip)
- Felt material on the inside to ensure no scratches (unlike the Incase Slider)
- Doesn't stain like bumpers do from your jeans
- Solid, snug design
- Slashes on the side give good grip in the hand
- Great value for $14 on Amazon
- Works fine with screen protectors
- White version doesn't show fingerprints
- 100% white so it doesn't have that terrible zebra look with the camera cutout hole being a black ring that sticks out like a store thumb

BUT... (theres always a 'but')

The case causes flash washout on pictures in dark settings :(

So now I need to figure out if I want to:
1) Return it and get some sort of bumper that doesn't affect flash but has lay on table design for protection
2) Take a black permanent marker to the camera cutout hole
3) Deal w/ the flash washout issue, since it probably won't come up that much?

Picture on the left is without case, picture on the right is with the case:

Attachments

• photo(21).JPG
    photo(21).JPG
    737.8 KB · Views: 90
  • photo(22).JPG
    photo(22).JPG
    792.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
UPDATE:

I ended up simply taking a sharpie to the camera cutout and now the pictures are perfect without any washout.

I would 100% recommend this case now since that camera washout was the only drawback and the sharpie was an easy solution for it :D

Will post pictures later showing it.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
UPDATE:

I ended up simply taking a sharpie to the camera cutout and now the pictures are perfect without any washout.

I would 100% recommend this case now since that camera washout was the only drawback and the sharpie was an easy solution for it :D

Will post pictures later showing it.

good idea.

thanks

Rockstead

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
Guys, sorry form digging up an old thread but Im looking for my first iPhone 4S case.

There are so many to choose from, would you guys still recommend this case, has something's newer and better came out? I want the lowest profile that offers the best protection, this appears to be it, not crazy about the exterior logo though.

At the time of your reviews, this case looked perfect, the only thing that looked flawed was the flash but now I see tihis case is available in black and that's the color I planned on buying, would black still have the flash issue? I'm guessing it wouldn't since you guys were using sharpies at the time to solve your flash issues?

The only other issue was how hard it was to get this case off, but once I put it on it's not something I ever plan to take off so I don't see that as an issue.

Thanks!

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Just got one in WHITE glossy for my 5c and it is great. I have always liked the slider cases ever since the 1st generation iPhone. This one was a nice find at $5 on Amazon and fits, feels and looks great on my white iPhone 5c.

Highly recommend CaseCrown for anyone looking for a slider style case and not wanting to spend much money for great quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.