Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
USA
I don't want a junk mail folder, I want all mail to go to my inbox. But there is no option in iCloud to disable it. Is there any way to disable this or delete the folder (also so any devices tied to the iCloud will also delete the junk mail folder)?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You can disable it in the OS X Mail client, but that still does not disable it on the server side of iCloud. MobileMe had the same issue and I never could figure out a way around it.

cottagecheese

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2011
Is there no way to disable this? The only thing the junk folder does is hide my e-mails.... There is never junk in there

SBacklin

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2011
Seattle, WA
I realize this thread is kind of old but, I wanted to chime in. This one of the primary reasons why I quit using iCloud's email. There is no way to disable the junk filter on the server. I never have any "junk" emails in that folder. All it does is randomly mark good email as junk and then I have no way of knowing its even then unless I go into the folder. The same way for iOS devices. There is no way of knowing if anything appeared in junk and there is no way to mark things as junk if any of those show up.

There needs to be syncing of junk settings between computers, server and iOS devices.

I told Apple through feedback that they should've licensed Exchange from Microsoft and based the Mail, Calendar and Contacts on that. Its A LOT better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.