Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Hi,

So I'm finally going to upgrade to Lion, after all the software I use now works on Lion (ArchiCAD didn't for a while)

I have a question though:

My brother also has snow leopard and a 2010 MBP. I know that I can use my licensee on 5 Macs by logging onto the other macs and re-downloading lion.

Here comes the dub part: once lion is installed on the other Mac, when my Brother logs into iTunes or the App store, will it still allow him to use it, given that the Lion purchase was made using my Apple ID? I;m guessing yes because it would be dumb not to allow a user to change ID's or allow someone else to sign in etc.

Thanks for your help!

rossip

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2011
Hi,

So I'm finally going to upgrade to Lion, after all the software I use now works on Lion (ArchiCAD didn't for a while)

I have a question though:

My brother also has snow leopard and a 2010 MBP. I know that I can use my licensee on 5 Macs by logging onto the other macs and re-downloading lion.

Here comes the dub part: once lion is installed on the other Mac, when my Brother logs into iTunes or the App store, will it still allow him to use it, given that the Lion purchase was made using my Apple ID? I;m guessing yes because it would be dumb not to allow a user to change ID's or allow someone else to sign in etc.

Thanks for your help!

yes, lion acts just like previous retail mac os installs in that your apple id isn't paired with the os. In other words there is no DRM pairing Apple IDs during the install process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.