Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crocodile-man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
So, does anyone out there have any more info on the compUSA Meeting which seems very likely to be for new Apple Hardware training?

Lets gather all the evidence here and get some input from some compUSA people out there!

POST IT NOW! :)

Source

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by WanaPBnow
When is the new PB gonna get there?

That's what i'd like to know. :)

Rumours have said: "Within the next few weeks" for a couple of months now.

TheFink

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by Source

That's what i'd like to know. :)

Rumours have said: "Within the next few weeks" for a couple of months now.

Our meeting reassured us that there will be no new hardware this year.

crocodile-man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Wait. What? Lets get some more info here buddy. You expect us to kill all our dreams on that? Uh huh... right.

TheFink

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by crocodile-man
Wait. What? Lets get some more info here buddy. You expect us to kill all our dreams on that? Uh huh... right.

Take it for what it's worth.... It's never stopped rumors before....

markomark

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2001
NEW PB compusa BUYER HERE

well kids...
turns out that the new PB will use the new 64bit IBM chip moblie version and run in excess of 2.2ghz. I believe that the new books that we are being shown will be min of new LCD crystal with 15" std as before to offset the cost. New specs and SKU numbers to follow after intro at MWSF.

Other models get new MHZ upgrades and bluetooth std.

Apple mfg stated that quantities are based on Taiwan flow and capacity..

Marko

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Re: NEW PB compusa BUYER HERE

Originally posted by markomark
well kids...
turns out that the new PB will use the new 64bit IBM chip moblie version and run in excess of 2.2ghz. I believe that the new books that we are being shown will be min of new LCD crystal with 15" std as before to offset the cost. New specs and SKU numbers to follow after intro at MWSF.

Marko

Well kids...
turns out that the new member sounds like he's blowing smoke out of his arse. He believes that monkeys live on the moon and that they survive up there eating the cheese rocks.

Come on, is this speculation or what? Sure sounds like speculation.

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, stop with the bull**** and lets get some good info, or no info at all..

What about the O'Reily statement of a new product with built in bluetooth comming out mid October?

markomark

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2001
hmmmm..

ok folks....
see you at macworldSF when these items are announced...
CompUSA buyers get first dibs......
Visit your local store for more details after 1/8
hasta

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Re: NEW PB compusa BUYER HERE

Originally posted by markomark
well kids...

Marko

no way in h3ll this is going to happen.

Apple has never introduced a mobile version of a chip at the same time as the desktop model. No chance. the TiBook didn't come out until 1 1/2 years AFTER the G4 desktops.

15" square screen? why would they make a worse screen. they would be eaten alive by the press. the pismo screens were some of the worst laptop screens I have ever seen.

no chance.

Re: Re: NEW PB compusa BUYER HERE

Originally posted by e-coli

no way in h3ll this is going to happen.

Apple has never introduced a mobile version of a chip at the same time as the desktop model. No chance. the TiBook didn't come out until 1 1/2 years AFTER the G4 desktops.

15" square screen? why would they make a worse screen. they would be eaten alive by the press. the pismo screens were some of the worst laptop screens I have ever seen.

no chance.
He said 15 inch *minimum*. Which means there might be even bigger. But really... why would anyone want a laptop with 17 inch LCD. Gee, I think that'd be too big. I think it'd be better for Apple to go 15 inch instead of 15.4 and do UXGA. Higher resolution that way.

Pismo screens were a hell lot better than many laptops I knew these days.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
This thread is bunk. 2.2ghz Powerbooks? :rolleyes: First dibs at CompUSA? :rolleyes:
Sure that's going to happen. It's only a matter of time until this thread is closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.