PDA

View Full Version : WiFi stopped working

gsaps
Oct 27, 2011, 04:28 PM
I've got an iPad 2 that has been working well on wifi since i got it, i got home today and the wifi isn't working, it shows the network (in wifi settings) but instead of the tick to say it's joined, there's that annoying spinning circle thing.

The wireless icon is in the upper left corner of the screen but i can't access the internet.
I have tried rebooting and restoring to factory settings via iTunes with no joy.

i'd really appreciate any ideas as I'm getting desperate.

thanks
Grant

Ashwood11
Oct 27, 2011, 04:52 PM
Have you tried resetting your router?

Mikes2pads
Mar 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
Resetting the router can help. I had a strong first week with a weak second week running my ipad3. Nw over the last 48 hours it's running strong , crisp and fast anywhere in the house. Wifi is a mystery to me mostly.
Although my ipad2 never ran weak at all. 7 months not a glitch.
Maybe this giant sized battery taking up all the space in back of the new iPad has a hand in it. If it fluctuates more in time I will not wait for a potential software fix from the Apple gang and just request a replacement. I heard Apple's stand on replacement devices is not as liberal as it once was during ipad2 early months.

Mikes2pads
Mar 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
Sorry. Double post erased.

jgayman
Mar 29, 2012, 02:32 PM
I'm having a very similar problem. I had two original iPads for 18 months that are used heavily all day. Very rarely did I have a connection problem. I now have two new iPads and they are refusing to communicate several times a week. So far the only solution has been to reset the router but yesterday I got one of them working again by turning AirPlane mode on and off.

Something is definitely more flakey with WiFi on the new iPad.

Mikes2pads
Mar 30, 2012, 11:16 PM
What is going to happen? Is Apple going to get with us on this problem?
There'll be some official comment soon. I hope