Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Well I finally took the plunge, rejoined the ranks after many years away (I was a Mac SE/30 guy in college). I bought a 667 dvi TiBook on ebay. Comes tomorrow.

So here's my situation. I'm confused by the info on Handspring's site re: Mac/Treo 270 and the info on Apple's site re iSync and Treos. On the Handspring site, it says not to use the latest version of HotSync Mgr and Palm Desktop (4.0) with a Treo if you havent run the 'Configure your Treo' application.

On the iSync site it say to only use v3.0 of HotSync mgr or later.

I have configured my Treo via the PC. Does this mean I'm good to go with iSync? Also, do I *need* the Palm desktop program or can I just use iCal and Address book?

Thanks!
TM

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Re: Just switched, q about isync and treo 270...

Originally posted by anthonymoody
Well I finally took the plunge, rejoined the ranks after many years away (I was a Mac SE/30 guy in college). I bought a 667 dvi TiBook on ebay. Comes tomorrow.

So here's my situation. I'm confused by the info on Handspring's site re: Mac/Treo 270 and the info on Apple's site re iSync and Treos. On the Handspring site, it says not to use the latest version of HotSync Mgr and Palm Desktop (4.0) with a Treo if you havent run the 'Configure your Treo' application.

On the iSync site it say to only use v3.0 of HotSync mgr or later.

I have configured my Treo via the PC. Does this mean I'm good to go with iSync? Also, do I *need* the Palm desktop program or can I just use iCal and Address book?

Thanks!
TM

Glad to see you've rejoined the ranks! I would assume that you would be fine using your Handspring with iSync. I know others who use Handsprings with iSync and have absolutely no problems. In regards to Palm Desktop. In order to install the iSync software that allows syncing with PDA's, Palm Desktop 4.0 has to be installed on your Mac. It's stupid. I use iCal and Address Book, yet the only way iSync works is with Palm Desktop installed. Maybe in the final release of iSync they will make it so the HotSync technology is built right into the program.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Thanks for the info. That does seem strange, but I'll give it a go.
Thanks again,
TM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.