Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbrother

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Hi all,

I am trying to setup a workflow in automator, so that I can optimize the workflow we currently have. The idea is to have a ftp folder on the server where we all place customer files; jpg, psd's, etc. The client can access this folder thru Rumpus since it is their designated folder.

I want the client to receive a email whenever anything is added to their folder, notifying them there is something new for them to download. I managed to make this work with automator by creating a simple folder action workflow, the only problem is that it adds the file I just dropped in to the folder as a attachment to the email that is being send out.

I tried several things to remove the attachment but unfortunately it has been unsuccessful. Automator also features a "get attachment from mail message", I tried using that defining the trash as a destination folder before sending but no success.

Basically I am just looking for a simple way to send an email whenever something is added to a folder, without the attachment. I found an old applescript via "murphy's mac" website but due to incompatibility with 10.6 that script won't run.

Is there anyone out there who might know a solution?
Any help is gladly appreciated. Thanks!

Red Menace

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2011
Colorado, USA
If you pass items to the New Mail Message action, it will use them in the new message - text will be added to the message, or files will be attached to the message (see the action description). If you don't want the files attached, you can use the action's Ignore Input option, or pass text (such as the file names) instead.

bbrother

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
The ignore input option seems to have done the trick.
I tried looking for it under the settings tab, but I found it thru the actions menubar, thank you very much :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.