Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigtree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I know you can't delete single photos, so how do you delete the entire stream?
I have tried dragging it to the trash in iPhoto, and it won't delete.

msosa3000

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2011
Delete photos in Photo Stream

From your iPad. Go to settings. Go to photos. Turn off Photo Stream. And that's it. It still does not solve the problem of being able to delete your photos individually but it gets rid off your photos from your iPad. Hope it helps

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
From your iPad. Go to settings. Go to photos. Turn off Photo Stream. And that's it. It still does not solve the problem of being able to delete your photos individually but it gets rid off your photos from your iPad. Hope it helps

This doesn't delete the photo stream, as soon as you turn it back on it will re-download the photos from the stream unless you've reset it.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
This doesn't delete the photo stream, as soon as you turn it back on it will re-download the photos from the stream unless you've reset it.
Until I came to the one about turning off photo stream on the iPad I was going to say finally a thread about deleting from photo stream that "gets it." Apparently not. ;)

But kudos to the OP for already knowing you cannot delete individually yet.

Michael

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I know you can't delete single photos, so how do you delete the entire stream?

A workaround for removing single photos is resetting Photo Stream and only copying the photos you want back to it. I'm hopeful Apple will add the ability to remove specific photos without resetting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.