PDA

View Full Version : Case-Mate Tuxedo?

docprego
Oct 29, 2011, 12:18 PM
I just stumbled on a VERY interesting case on Case-Mate's website. It's called the "Tuxedo". The design is what initially caught my eye, it's understated and IMO quite handsome. However what really intrigued me is the method they are using to secure the iPad 2 into the case. It is done using an adhesive they are calling Magic Tape. Apparently it's reusable and leaves no residue on the iPad. I had my doubts about the strength of this method. However they have a Youtube video on the page I will link below showing the iPad 2 in this case. A person violently shakes the iPad in all directions while secured to the case and it doesn't budge. In the same video they show that the Magic Tape adhesive can be rejuvenated by placing some water on it between the tape and the iPad.

Has anyone ordered or received this case yet? My pet peeve with iPad cases always comes down to the clips used to hold it in place, I'm concerned they will scratch the device. When clips aren't used it's some sort of bulky leather or silicone covering the edges of the device. In either case this method eliminates the possibility of damage and looks really good in the process.

http://www.case-mate.com/Apple-iPad-2-Cases/Case-Mate-iPad-2-Tuxedo-Cases.asp