Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
So I had MobileMe on my iPhone 4 and it worked fine, i installed IOS 5 and upgraded my MobileMe account to an iCloud account.

Now I no longer receive my emails until I open the mail app. (The emails are no longer being pushed to me)

I've tried all the obvious stuff, turning the phone off, making sure "push" is selected in the settings. I've even deleted the mail account from the phone and added it again, but nothing has solved the issue.

Oh and I've rang Apple's Tech Support and they basically told me to leave it a few days and see if it fixes itself.... I installed IOS5 & upgraded to iCloud a week ago and it still hasn't "fixed itself" so i can't see what good another few days will do?

Any ideas anyone?

OZMP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2008
Same issue here, also affects other exchange accounts.

Battery also struggles to last half a day, and I have turned off more features that I had enabled(options) prior to iOS5, have done a restore/reset etc.

Can't wait for 5.0.1, this is my work phone! Pretty close to grabbing a windows phone, or even a spare blackberry from work, installing 4.3.4 onto the iPhone 4 and giving it to the GF.

Every major iOS revision has had an issue... There was battery drain on one of them, 'black screen of death/comatose state' on another, and now battery drain and broken push on this one. Add to that removing iDisk from iCloud(I would have paid for it, now I pay for dropbox), and Apple are going to loose some 'power users' in my opinion. I have put off the new MBA purchase until I sort out my phone!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This Is Interesting

Same issue here, also affects other exchange accounts.

Battery also struggles to last half a day, and I have turned off more features that I had enabled(options) prior to iOS5, have done a restore/reset etc.

Can't wait for 5.0.1, this is my work phone! Pretty close to grabbing a windows phone, or even a spare blackberry from work, installing 4.3.4 onto the iPhone 4 and giving it to the GF.

Every major iOS revision has had an issue... There was battery drain on one of them, 'black screen of death/comatose state' on another, and now battery drain and broken push on this one. Add to that removing iDisk from iCloud(I would have paid for it, now I pay for dropbox), and Apple are going to loose some 'power users' in my opinion. I have put off the new MBA purchase until I sort out my phone!

My New 4S arrives tomorrow, so I can't pass comment on the battery issues, but my iPad is set to fetch manually. That in itself added neary 2 hours to the battery stamina, and I still get about 9 hours. Apple are aware of the battery issues, but if you leave everything on its going to use more current.

Not sure if I will have the time to set my new one up tomorrow, Have friends here, and I'm still not sure which way im going (new setup from backup or start over)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.