Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snowydog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
I'm confused over this whole iCloud in Goodreader and whether I can access my Goodreader files while on my Mac (OSX Lion)..

Say I have a file on my iPad that I want on my computer, or vice versa...

I mean I haven't seen any desktop application for Goodreader (which would make life easier - bit like dropbox only I can edit the pdfs on good reader while in class and then access those edited pdfs at home)...

I may be missing something here.

Confused! :confused:

----------

ok so I figured out wireless transfer using the server,

But I'm still confused as to what the iCloud folder in Goodreader does...

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I'm confused over this whole iCloud in Goodreader and whether I can access my Goodreader files while on my Mac (OSX Lion)..

Say I have a file on my iPad that I want on my computer, or vice versa...

I mean I haven't seen any desktop application for Goodreader (which would make life easier - bit like dropbox only I can edit the pdfs on good reader while in class and then access those edited pdfs at home)...

I may be missing something here.

Confused! :confused:

----------

ok so I figured out wireless transfer using the server,

But I'm still confused as to what the iCloud folder in Goodreader does...

this isn't an answer to the cloud question, because i don't use icloud with goodreader, but it is an answer to the access one. if you download goodreaderusb to your osx machine, then you can bypass itunes and easily access goodreader's files. this enables you to treat it just as you would any external drive, and you can move both folders and files back and forth.

i can venture a guess about icloud. i sync my pdfs in goodreader using sugarsync (my backup service). this means that every time i sync, it makes sure that the files on my mac and ipad are up to date. if i have added annotations to a pdf in the ipad, those annotations appear in the corresponding file on my mbp. i assume icloud is something like this.

scorb

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2011
Solution from Goodreader site!!

"Accessing iCloud files from a Mac computer. If your Mac computer is set up to use iCloud (Mac OS 10.7.2 or later), your iCloud documents will be synced to a special folder. To get to that folder, switch to Finder and press Cmd-Shift-G (or Go => Go to Folder in the menu), then enter this address:
~/Library/Mobile Documents
Please don't mess with the special subfolder structure of that folder, or your iCloud sync may stop working properly. You are free to mess with files and folders that are inside the JFJWWP64QD~com~goodiware~GoodReader/Documents subfolder there, everything that is deeper than that will be synced to GoodReader apps on all your devices." from http://www.goodiware.com/gr-man-general.html

I would add that putting a shortcut to your side bar in the finder would make thinks straightforward!
Stephane

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.