Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Although I have generally found iCloud to be useless for me, I would like to use it for calendars since lately my calendar events are not syncing across my iDevices via Yahoo (which they used to do with no prob). Only problem is that I cannot figure out how to get my events from Yahoo to iCloud.

I poured through the iCloud website and there is nothing there that even hints of a calendar import feature. I was able to export the calendars from Yahoo with no problem, but I see nowhere to import.

I tried an alternate solution. I tried emailing myself the exported Yahoo Calendar files, and opening them on my iPhone. When you opened the attachments there was an option to add the events to a calendar, and so I added them to an iCloud Calendar. However that didn't work - the events just would not show up on the iCloud Calendar.

Am I missing something here or is it just not possible to do what I want to do? This seems like another baffling oversight/exclusion from Apple. I should note that I do not have a Mac so any advice regarding using iCal won't work for me. Thanks!

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

No way that I know of.

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
Although I have generally found iCloud to be useless for me, I would like to use it for calendars since lately my calendar events are not syncing across my iDevices via Yahoo (which they used to do with no prob). Only problem is that I cannot figure out how to get my events from Yahoo to iCloud.

I poured through the iCloud website and there is nothing there that even hints of a calendar import feature. I was able to export the calendars from Yahoo with no problem, but I see nowhere to import.

I tried an alternate solution. I tried emailing myself the exported Yahoo Calendar files, and opening them on my iPhone. When you opened the attachments there was an option to add the events to a calendar, and so I added them to an iCloud Calendar. However that didn't work - the events just would not show up on the iCloud Calendar.

Am I missing something here or is it just not possible to do what I want to do? This seems like another baffling oversight/exclusion from Apple. I should note that I do not have a Mac so any advice regarding using iCal won't work for me. Thanks!

I don't use Yahoo! Calendar so this is just a thought, but can you sync a new calendar on your Mac to the Yahoo! calendar, copy all the events from this new calendar into your Main Mac Calendar, then sync the main Mac calendar to iCloud?
iCloud will only sync your MAIN Calendar, not a sub calendar which is why it's not working the way you've tried it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.