Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
my one year old 3GS has the problem with every single app crashing when opening them after upgrading to 5.0. I have rebooted the phone and the problem remains.

I didn't have this problem on an iPhone 4 and even waited two weeks to see how the iPhone 4 worked before doing the 3GS. I still have another 3GS that I won't upgrade now after seeing these 3GS problems. Any ideas?

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Have you tried upgrading your Apps via the App Store update feature? Out dated ones won't support iOS5, and many might have been discontinued.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Have you tried upgrading your Apps via the App Store update feature? Out dated ones won't support iOS5, and many might have been discontinued.

I have to wait to do any updates. I tried changing cards on my iTunes account and was told to contact iTunes support to complete my transaction. I can't do a thing with my iTunes account until they allow me to add a credit card now. Support is slow.

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
The problem most likely is that your iPhone somehow got de-authorized to play any of those apps. So you need to reauthorize it.

The solution might actually be very simple. I had this happen to me a while back. Basically just go in the App Store and download any Free app, or update any app (for free of course). Upon entering your login info, and password on your iPhone, all your apps will start working.

I'm not sure if it will solve the problem, but try it!

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
The problem most likely is that your iPhone somehow got de-authorized to play any of those apps. So you need to reauthorize it.

The solution might actually be very simple. I had this happen to me a while back. Basically just go in the App Store and download any Free app, or update any app (for free of course). Upon entering your login info, and password on your iPhone, all your apps will start working.

I'm not sure if it will solve the problem, but try it!

Very close. All I had to do was resync the phone and it quickly did something to each app and when it was finished, the apps worked like normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.