Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nini1026

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Hello, guys.

Last time Cards app was introuced by Tim cook as new feature,
I felt kind of interesting. It's sortof analog-like serivce provided by Apple.

Here are my questions.

1. Is the Cards app still working on the previous iOS version(before iOS5)?
2. Do you guys really think that this service is going to work
generally in market
3. I was told by one colleague that
since Americans like to send a post-card as expression of thanks or
congraturation to someone, this new service will go great.
How do you thinks so?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
1. Is the Cards app still working on the previous iOS version(before iOS5)?

No, it requires iOS 5.

2. Do you guys really think that this service is going to work
generally in market

Depends on how you define that. I'm sure Apple hasn't put too much stock in it in terms of expected revenue. I've used it and I've read on these forums of others having used it so it's working to some degree.

3. I was told by one colleague that
since Americans like to send a post-card as expression of thanks or
congraturation to someone, this new service will go great.
How do you thinks so?

I have used it to send a "thank you" card to my wife for, well, everything, and she really appreciated it. It's handy if you want to send a card with a picture on it that you've taken with your phone.

nini1026

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
No, it requires iOS 5.

Depends on how you define that. I'm sure Apple hasn't put too much stock in it in terms of expected revenue. I've used it and I've read on these forums of others having used it so it's working to some degree.

I have used it to send a "thank you" card to my wife for, well, everything, and she really appreciated it. It's handy if you want to send a card with a picture on it that you've taken with your phone.

Thank you so much for your good answer.
It's quite helpful.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
2. Do you guys really think that this service is going to work generally in market
It leans more on being a novelty because of its limitations so far (very few templates, no portrait mode, little customization and a very very slow delivery process (I sent two that took a week rather than the 2-3 days expected so they were late).

I think its nice and I'll use it a few times a year but it feels more like it should be a feature from a full blown iPhoto for iOS app rather than a standalone.

3. I was told by one colleague that since Americans like to send a post-card as expression of thanks or congraturation to someone, this new service will go great. How do you thinks so?

Is it that Americans like to send cards or that Americans tend to find the most expensive way of doing something that that should be cheap. :D I know I offended a bunch of people by saying that but (IMO) buying a card written by a stranger is a lazy way of saying "thanks for coming to my wedding".

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cards but I just feel that pre-written cards aren't as nice as a customized card. Which is why most cards I'll send may come from this app.

nini1026

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
It leans more on being a novelty because of its limitations so far (very few templates, no portrait mode, little customization and a very very slow delivery process (I sent two that took a week rather than the 2-3 days expected so they were late).

I think its nice and I'll use it a few times a year but it feels more like it should be a feature from a full blown iPhoto for iOS app rather than a standalone.

Is it that Americans like to send cards or that Americans tend to find the most expensive way of doing something that that should be cheap. :D I know I offended a bunch of people by saying that but (IMO) buying a card written by a stranger is a lazy way of saying "thanks for coming to my wedding".

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cards but I just feel that pre-written cards aren't as nice as a customized card. Which is why most cards I'll send may come from this app.

What you are saying totally makes sense.
Thank you for sharing your view.
It's also quite useful and informative to know for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.