Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
USA
My new iPhone 4s seems to have gotten a little slower over time with use, and my iPad 1 with iOS5 is slow as molasses. Just wondering why I am experiencing these slowdowns.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
My new iPhone 4s seems to have gotten a little slower over time with use, and my iPad 1 with iOS5 is slow as molasses. Just wondering why I am experiencing these slowdowns.

It happens will have all apple devices! If you want it to speed, up go into reset, and reset all settings! thats what i do sometimes and its back to speed again, not you will have to put back in all of your preferences, which can be tedious! :)

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
Could also be your perception. When you get a new shiny toy it's fast. It gets slowe cause you get use to it

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Could also be your perception. When you get a new shiny toy it's fast. It gets slowe cause you get use to it

Haha yeah, but I have noticed more hiccups/freezes. Maybe it was like that before but I'm noticing it now.

snowmaan

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2008
Sydney Australia
Yes my iPhone 3GS runs like a dog now, and my iPad 1 is just awful. ot impressed at all.

Our iPhone 4 runs fine so it's obviously higher resource hungry, which we don't see on the commercials on TV

Bit of a shame, as I find the ipad a bit annoying to use now and it pauses often when opening apps, for say 4 seconds, then crashes.

I might reset the iPad but don't expect much of an improvement. Anyone else in the same boat, or found something that works?

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Yes my iPhone 3GS runs like a dog now, and my iPad 1 is just awful. ot impressed at all.

Our iPhone 4 runs fine so it's obviously higher resource hungry, which we don't see on the commercials on TV

Bit of a shame, as I find the ipad a bit annoying to use now and it pauses often when opening apps, for say 4 seconds, then crashes.

I might reset the iPad but don't expect much of an improvement. Anyone else in the same boat, or found something that works?

On my iPod touch 4 sometimes the springboard freezes right when I unlock i for a couple seconds, so I restored as new but that didn't help.

The iPad 1 should be running faster because the iPod touch 4 basically has the same specs (except the processor on the ipod touch which is clocked down to 800mhz) so maybe a restore should help you.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
USA
I can't believe Apple would be selling a slow iPod Touch?

Will have to go into the store myself and see. With those specs, iOS5 should be running really slow like it does on my iPad!

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I remember when I got my first iPhone 4, it was so fast! I came from a 3G!
Then overtime I noticed it slowing down.... one day I compared it with a friends newly bought iPhone 4, it was basically the same...so I think mine was just because I was used to it.

Now I have the 4S and wow! It's speedy, but I think I'll get used to that ;-)

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US

I have experienced no slowdown with my iPad running iOS 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.