PDA

View Full Version : So Imma buy a 2g monochrome iPod.

spyguy10709
Oct 31, 2011, 07:36 PM
Question-
How does 12 bucks plus shipping for one of these guys sound like?
It might not work. IDK though. It has a somewhat broken headphone jack. I already bid on it. It's 20 gb, btw.

Yay.

spyguy10709
Nov 1, 2011, 03:09 PM
Question-
How does 12 bucks plus shipping for one of these guys sound like?
It might not work. IDK though. It has a somewhat broken headphone jack. I already bid on it. It's 20 gb, btw.

Yay.
Wow, thanks guys. 350+ reads and no responses....
im kinda worried.. I bid on this and I have no clue if its worth it's weight in dung or in silver. Anyone?

wrinkster22
Nov 1, 2011, 03:11 PM
Well first i believe that the picture u posted is a first generation. Depending on the condition u got a good deal. Overall that was a good price.
also really it is 12$.....

Rolvag
Nov 1, 2011, 03:12 PM
Not to be mean, first fix your grammar (Imma). Second, why bother.

If you want it get it. I would pass, personally

apunkrockmonk
Nov 1, 2011, 03:16 PM
If it works or is easily repairable I'd say it's worth it. Especially if you personally need an iPod of that size. It is a 2nd gen if it's 20gb.

Darth.Titan
Nov 1, 2011, 04:35 PM
Well first i believe that the picture u posted is a first generation. Depending on the condition u got a good deal. Overall that was a good price.
also really it is 12$.....

If it's 20GB it's a second gen. 1st and second generation iPods were identical, but the 1st gen was only available in 5 and 10 GB sizes. 2nd gen was available in 10 and 20 GB.

OP, $12 isn't too much to spend (IMO) if you want it for nostalgia. If you actually want to use it and it doesn't work, you'll probably pay as much as another $50 to get an iPod that old repaired.

spyguy10709
Nov 1, 2011, 05:27 PM
Not to be mean, first fix your grammar (Imma). Second, why bother.

If you want it get it. I would pass, personally

Haha- I was just kidding.I has better grammer skillz dan all u guys.

Thanks for all your opinions, guys!

wrinkster22
Nov 1, 2011, 05:39 PM
enjoy, Keep us posted on its condition on arrival and stuff :)

iMacC2D
Nov 1, 2011, 05:45 PM
Definitely a Second Generation - the FireWire port has a cover. First Gen models lacked this.

I paid $190 shipped for my First Gen with accessories (admittedly these are soaring in price in some markets due to the rarity), so I would consider that to be quite the steal, especially if it's a functional unit or could be repaired relatively cheaply otherwise.

ezramoore
Nov 1, 2011, 07:58 PM
I got my first gen with remote, firewire cable, power adapter, and headphones for $15. It is in excellent condition and works. I got it one the 10th anniversary of the iPod.