PDA

View Full Version : file-sharring apps

knobtwiddler
Oct 10, 2002, 12:23 AM
I know this is probably a common question, but does anyone know of any file sharring apps other than limewire? sure, there's hotline, but i can never get it to work. is there any way to access the kazaa or winmx servers?

TyleRomeo
Oct 10, 2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by knobtwiddler
I know this is probably a common question, but does anyone know of any file sharring apps other than limewire? sure, there's hotline, but i can never get it to work. is there any way to access the kazaa or winmx servers?

only with VPC

tyler

cb911
Oct 10, 2002, 02:40 AM
There's also Carracho, then there's KDX (my personal favourite). there is also eDonkey, but i can't get that to work. that's all i can think of now...

and thanks TyleRomeo!!:D i never thought of using VPC to connect to Kazaa. might try that later... :D :D

King Cobra
Oct 10, 2002, 05:20 AM
Acquisition (http://www.xlife.org/acquisition.php) works very well for me. I used Limewire in the past, but the lime sort of got lame. :)

More specifically, the interface is slow to respond and it crashes much too often. Acquisition provides an advantages over these drawbacks, yet a video-only/music-only/etc.-only search option is missing (unless I missed it).

cb911
Oct 10, 2002, 06:01 AM
hey, i never heard of Acquisition before. i agree about LimeWire as well.

he he, the lime got lame.:p :) :D

anyone else know about some not so well known file sharing apps? i'm always keen to try new stuff.:) ;)

User X
Oct 10, 2002, 07:34 AM
I agree....Aquisition is the best program I have used so far. I found out about it through these forums and I have never looked back. Limewire is too unreliable.