PDA

View Full Version : Do you eat same food every day?

YS2003
May 15, 2005, 02:47 PM
I do, most of the time. A couple of low fat yogurt and 3 or 4 slices of low calory whole wheat bread with penut butter thinly spread over in the morning (penut butter has good essential vitamins and protein). No lunch (except for business lunch, which happens about a few times a quarter). A few bananas for snacking. For dinner, a bowl of salada with low fat chicken strips (not fried) or a few cans of tuna for appropriate dosage of protein. When I eat out for business, I usually pick fish (salmon) because I don't want to cook fish at my place bececause it stinks up) and because it has good fat for your heart.

edesignuk
May 15, 2005, 02:50 PM
I've become partial to two toasted ham and cheese toasties every lunch time during the week :o :D

buryyourbrideau
May 15, 2005, 02:52 PM
i am constantly eating ham and cheese hot pockets. ham and muenster cheese sandwhiches on wheat bread and ALWAYS beef and chicken flavored ramen along with a nice cold diet coke to wash it down

zach
May 15, 2005, 02:58 PM
Beef and Chicken Ramen keeps me alive :D

I rarely eat breakfast, but when I do it's almost CERTAINLY an egg and cheese on a bagel, sometimes with sausage, sometimes without.

Lunch is whatever's at school that day.

Applespider
May 15, 2005, 02:59 PM
YS are you eating enough? If that's all you're eating, it's way below 1500 calories a day, and given that women should be eating around 2000 and men around 2500, that's not healthy longterm - unless you live such a sedentary lifestyle that you don't move.

And no, I try to eat a variety of foods since food shouldn't just be fuel, you've got to have some pleasure in eating it. ;) Tho I do try to be reasonably sensible in what I eat avoiding too much fatty fried foods and eating a decent amount of fruit and vegetables.

YS2003
May 15, 2005, 03:02 PM

I rarely eat breakfast, but when I do it's almost CERTAINLY an egg and cheese on a bagel, sometimes with sausage, sometimes without.

When I was a student, I was on the same diet (ramen). As I get older, I cannot touch that thing now because of high salt and bad fat/cholestrol content, and high calories. As far as Bagel is concerned, I hope someone will market bagels made with whole wheat.

CanadaRAM
May 15, 2005, 03:10 PM
YS are you eating enough? If that's all you're eating, it's way below 1500 calories a day, and given that women should be eating around 2000 and men around 2500, that's not healthy longterm - unless you live such a sedentary lifestyle that you don't move.
Depends a lot on the particulars
Low fat yogurt if it is sweetened and with fruit can be high calorie, so are the bananas.

YS: You'd be better off with twice the peanut butter and half the bread.
Yours is commendably low in saturated fat, looks like you are careful to get enough fish and chicken protein, but your carbs are all simple (bread, banana, sweetener in yogurt if any). Try adding a veggie stir fry to that mix with almost-raw broccoli, beans, sprouts etc. More polyunsturated and monosaturated fat in the form of olive oil, flax oil or nuts wouldn't hurt either -add some almonds and a oil and vinegar dressing to the salad. Eggs if you like them are good.

Nickygoat
May 15, 2005, 03:10 PM
I rarely eat breakfast as well but my local Pret does a yoghurt with mixed berries and granola which I eat every day, without fail, about 10.30. They're so good, and relatively healthy. And I agree with Applespider YS you need to eat more

YS2003
May 15, 2005, 03:13 PM

And no, I try to eat a variety of foods since food shouldn't just be fuel, you've got to have some pleasure in eating it. ;) Tho I do try to be reasonably sensible in what I eat avoiding too much fatty fried foods and eating a decent amount of fruit and vegetables.
I think my calory intake is around 2000 or a little more (if you throw in a few low cal light beer). So far I was able to keep my weight around 130 lbs. to 135 lbs. and I lift 25 lbs dumb bells for my upper torso and arms and use one of those dumb bells for ab crunch. I have two scales (one is analog and the other for digital with body mass measurements) to make sure I don't go below 130 lbs.

snkTab
May 15, 2005, 03:25 PM
Sadly, as I never bring a lunch and Skyline Chili is the nearest place to where I work, I eat a skyline chili deluxe burrito a good 60% of my working days this year. I think my record was 9 working days in a row.

I feel bad (like withdrawel) bad when I don't have it. I've started to limit myself, since it's hard to quit it cold turkey like I've tried.

zach
May 15, 2005, 03:31 PM
When I was a student, I was on the same diet (ramen). As I get older, I cannot touch that thing now because of high salt and bad fat/cholestrol content, and high calories. As far as Bagel is concerned, I hope someone will market bagels made with whole wheat.

Actually, I buy it mostly for the noodles.

When I make ramen, I cook the noodles, then toss all that water, and add about a cup and a half of boiling water that the noodles have not been cooked in, therefore getting rid of a whole bunch of fat you don't taste anyway. Then I add only some of the seasoning packet, and replace the rest with tamari.

Gives you a healthier food, but the real reason I do it is because it tastes better :D

wrldwzrd89
May 15, 2005, 03:35 PM
My daily snack at work is usually the same every day, unless one of the items is out of stock or I feel like getting something different. Other than that, my daily food intake is quite varied.

Ugg
May 15, 2005, 03:59 PM
The only constant in my daily diet is two apples and rice milk with my ever changing supply of granola/cereal. I'm a big believer in diversity and a repetitive diet has a much greater chance of exposing a person to the negatives of any particular food. The more the body becomes dependent upon a few sources of food, the less likely it is to adapt well to stress.

Peterkro
May 15, 2005, 04:07 PM
YS thats a pretty good diet,if you need more calories your body will ask for them.Most westerners(not picking on septics) eat way to much.I've been a vegeterian for way too many years to remember and peanut butter,banana and wholemeal bread keeps me going during the day.Muesli ,banana and yogurt for breakfast and a biggish vege meal at night.

Dr.Gargoyle
May 15, 2005, 04:28 PM
YS thats a pretty good diet,if you need more calories your body will ask for them.Most westerners(not picking on septics) eat way to much.I've been a vegeterian for way too many years to remember and peanut butter,banana and wholemeal bread keeps me going during the day.Muesli ,banana and yogurt for breakfast and a biggish vege meal at night.
I doubt that anyone would drift in here willingly admitting to eat all their meals at Micky D's...lol It is called natural screening.
...and yes I too eat the same thing every day. Ok, it is healthy, but the reason why I do it has embarrasingly enough more about lazyness than concerns for my own health.

Nanda Devi
May 15, 2005, 04:32 PM
I eat basically the same foods every week, not necessarily every day though.... I do always eat an apple at lunch each day, and a small cup of cottage cheese, which I got a craving for a few months ago and haven't been able to shake the habit since. During the week for lunch I alternate between pb&j on whole wheat and tuna with sprouts on wheat. The people I work with always comment on the repetitiveness of what I eat, but hey, it does the trick for me. :)

Oh, and though I never eat breakfast, I have to have a cup of hot chocolate every morning, even all summer long. Mainly because it's freezing in my office all the time and I'm always cold.

ham_man
May 15, 2005, 04:39 PM
Typically, during the school year, breakfast and lunch are the same thing every day. I will almost always have some Captain Crunch/Pop-Tarts for breakfast, depending on what time of year it is. For lunch I will always have a turkey sandwich on white with mustard, a bag of chips, a rice krispie treat, and some water. Balanced indeed...;)

Peterkro
May 15, 2005, 04:44 PM
Not ham? :)

Blue Velvet
May 15, 2005, 04:44 PM
I have a banana for breakfast and an Innocent (http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/) smoothie every day.

Lunch is always huge and is a mixture of whatever I grab at the supermarket near the office or at the caff.

I normally don't eat dinner unless I'm going out to meet a friend.

ham_man
May 15, 2005, 04:47 PM
Not ham? :)
You would think, but my name really has nothing to do with ham. It is more of a homage to telemraketers, though I do enjoy a nice leg of ham every now n' then... :rolleyes:

YS2003
May 15, 2005, 04:56 PM
It's good to hear there is other people who are on the similar diet. I thought I am too rigid on my diet program as I don't waver from it (no cookies, no cakes, no chocolate, no sweet condiments, except for low sugar/low fat yogurt and penut butter). When I don't partake a light beer, I will use a table spoonful of olive oil with canned tuna or wheat bread for better circulation. By the way, tonight is a light beer day.

YS2003
May 15, 2005, 04:59 PM
Typically, during the school year, breakfast and lunch are the same thing every day. I will almost always have some Captain Crunch/Pop-Tarts for breakfast, depending on what time of year it is. For lunch I will always have a turkey sandwich on white with mustard, a bag of chips, a rice krispie treat, and some water. Balanced indeed...;)
Good call. Turkey is always good because it has protein and is low fat (it's a lean meat). Turkey is also my choice when available.

Frozone
May 15, 2005, 05:03 PM
Hmm, My regular day of food.

Wake up in the morning and eat Breakfast. Sometimes this is 2 Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Buttered Toast with Grape/Strawberry Jelly and a few glasses of sweet iced tea. And then other days it's two chicken biscuits and a 4-count Chicken-n-Mini Combo from Chick-Fil-A.

For lunch I usually have whatever the school is cooking. It's generally pretty nasty, but by this time I'm starving so I'll eat just about anything.

After school sometimes I'll stop by some place like Dairy Queen and get a large fry and eat them on my way to work. After works over I usually will go by either Zaxby's (If I go here I get either a Fried House Salad with a side of fries and another side of a Basket of Texas Toast) or Chick-Fil-A (One or Two #1 Combo's with a Large Lemonade.) Then after that I go home and sometimes will snack on some cereal or sunflower seeds. And somedays...If my mom cooks i'll eat w/e it is that she cooks.

EDIT: Oh, Somtimes instead of Zaxby's & Chick-Fil-A I go to Burger King and get a King Sized Chicken Whopper. Also, if we have anything like Cake or Cookies at the house, I'll *sometimes* eat those. And, If we have some Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I'll eat the entire bag. It's my Favorite Candy. :)

mac-er
May 15, 2005, 05:04 PM
Will someone admit that they eat this 1450 calorie burger (attached) everyday?

And, you Europeans wonder why we are lard asses? :D

Lau
May 15, 2005, 05:08 PM
I eat different stuff every day. Sometimes it's healthy, sometimes not. I try to avoid processed crap though. But one thing I do know, is that if I eat the same thing for more than a day or two, I get totally bored. Hey, if I walk the same way to college twice in a row I get bored easily.

I think I may get bored easily. :p

YS2003
May 15, 2005, 05:11 PM

Those fast food high-cal foods are evil. I cannot even touch those foods because of its heart-clogging cholestrol and fattening saturated fat (the worst kind of fat in the food pyramid). Even though I am in US, I am in my own zone when it comes to what I eat.

buryyourbrideau
May 15, 2005, 05:12 PM

i dont eat that everyday but i do go to hardees once a week and get that combo meal plus bacon

ha and you can ponder how i am 5'11 and weigh only 135

i eat like a fat @$$

boy how i love my metabolism while its here :)

wordmunger
May 15, 2005, 05:12 PM
I eat Amy's cheese enchiladas (http://www.amys.com/products/category_view.php?prod_category=4) nearly every day for lunch. But I do try to vary what I eat for dinner. Funny how I think I would get bored with the same dinner every day, but have no problem eating the same lunch.

YS2003
May 15, 2005, 05:18 PM
i dont eat that everyday but i do go to hardees once a week and get that combo meal plus bacon

ha and you can ponder how i am 5'11 and weigh only 135

i eat like a fat @$$

boy how i love my metabolism while its here :)

Wait to see when you hit over 25. When I was in college (several years ago), I used to eat spaghetti, regular sauce, powdered cheese, a few hot dogs (regular hot dogs), a few sunny side ups, and a few pieces of white bread (repeat, white bread, not wheat bread) which is primed with "regular" margerine. Those are as ONE meal. My room mates used to tease me because of that audacious diet I used to enjoy (those were cheap food when cash was short in supply). I was lean even on those daily diet because of my ethnicity (Asian); but, I cannot risk it now that I have reached 30.

MacAztec
May 15, 2005, 05:23 PM
I love sandwiches. I eat 2 or 3 everday. My favorite sandwich would be:

Shredded Turkey with LowFat Mayo, Mustard, on Whole Wheat bread. Put a good amount of turkey, then put some tomato, lots of red onion, and avacado. Then, go get a nice Serrano pepper to eat the sandwich with. Yum.

I love meat.

buryyourbrideau
May 15, 2005, 05:30 PM
Wait to see when you hit over 25. When I was in college (several years ago), I used to eat spaghetti, regular sauce, powdered cheese, a few hot dogs (regular hot dogs), a few sunny side ups, and a few pieces of white bread (repeat, white bread, not wheat bread) which is primed with "regular" margerine. Those are as ONE meal. My room mates used to tease me because of that audacious diet I used to enjoy (those were cheap food when cash was short in supply). I was lean even on those daily diet because of my ethnicity (Asian); but, I cannot risk it now that I have reached 30.

ohh i know, im only 18 right now and i know that i am lucky to not be a boat. when i get older i am going to definetly change my diet accordingly. i might as well enjoy it while i can. hopefully it can stay like this through college so that beer belly dosnt begin to bulge out :)

Dr.Gargoyle
May 15, 2005, 05:58 PM

Who claimed we wondered? :p

pseudobrit
May 15, 2005, 07:02 PM

I could eat it today.

I burned about 3100 calories during exercise today. Add a 2000 calorie baseline and the fact that my total caloric intake on the day has been about 1500 and I think I've got a bit of room to work with.

iGary
May 15, 2005, 07:25 PM
Breakfast: Protein shake and a liter of water.

Lunch: Spinach salad or rice bowl of some sort.

Dinner: Normally something frozen from Trader Joes depending on how busy I am. Sometimes skip it.

Dr.Gargoyle
May 15, 2005, 07:25 PM

note: I think we are talking about kilocalories (kcal) and not calories.
I burger like that at 1450 cal =1.45 kcal, would imply that you could eat 1380 per day without gaining weight. :eek:
HEY, I might be on to something here! :p :D

skubish
May 15, 2005, 07:49 PM
note: I think we are talking about kilocalories (kcal) and not calories.
I burger like that at 1450 cal =1.45 kcal, would imply that you could eat 1380 per day without gaining weight. :eek:
HEY, I might be on to something here! :p :D
Yes it is kcal. For some reason over here in the States it is called calories. All the nutrition info on the packages says cal even though it is kcal.

I could eat one but I would have to have these to go with it. :)
http://lescahiersduburger.free.fr/News/mc-supersize-fries.jpg

sonyrules
May 15, 2005, 07:51 PM
i am constantly eating ham and cheese hot pockets. ham and muenster cheese sandwhiches on wheat bread and ALWAYS beef and chicken flavored ramen along with a nice cold diet coke to wash it down

those hot pockets are awsome... trying to get off them.... For somereason i am on the PBJ kick...

wdlove
May 15, 2005, 08:18 PM
Currently I'm on a research study with Omni Heart. They provide all of my food 24/7. So we have food listed for each day, for the six weeks I know what will be served each day.

Les Kern
May 15, 2005, 09:01 PM

Enjoy youth. When you get as old as I am, that very same diet will land you in intensive care.
Breakfast: Coffee, maybe a roll.
Mid-morning snack: Coffee
Lunch: Every day it's the "health" plate... tuna, cottage cheese, raisin toast, peaches. Coffee
Afternoon snack: Coffee, Twix bar - the peanut butter one.
Dinner: My wife is a diabetic, so the fare is very healthy if not a bit dull.
Late snack: 2 glasses of juice, my Nexium and Paxil.
I beleive folks should eat just enough to stay alive... all the rest is waste. So I stay at about 2000 or under. I'm 6'7" and 210. When I was in my 30's I was pretty steady at 7% fat as body weight. Now? Maybe 10%.

mad jew
May 15, 2005, 09:05 PM
I rarely go a whole day without at least:
a few fresh Apples,
half a kilogram of meat (usually something red),
two litres of milk,
massive amounts of carbs - pasta or potatoes or something/anything.

I eat heaps but I'm always training (short distance running) so I'm pretty lucky that I don't get very fat. :)

During the week I usually end up eating the same thing that whole week. Then I get adventurous on the weekends and try to cook all sorts of different things and I usually get into a new fad for the next week.

wrldwzrd89
May 15, 2005, 09:08 PM
I am a big fan of Amy's pizza pockets and macaroni & cheese. I think I've been eating that a bit TOO much lately, actually...

I'm definitely on the heavy side - 311 pounds the last time I checked.

Dr.Gargoyle
May 15, 2005, 09:25 PM
Enjoy youth. When you get as old as I am, that very same diet will land you in intensive care.
Lunch: Every day it's the "health" plate... tuna, cottage cheese, raisin toast, peaches. Coffee
I beleive folks should eat just enough to stay alive... all the rest is waste. So I stay at about 2000 or under. I'm 6'7" and 210. When I was in my 30's I was pretty steady at 7% fat as body weight. Now? Maybe 10%.
Don't you burn more than 2000kcal per day???

dotdotdot
May 15, 2005, 09:27 PM
mmmm... Strawberry Yogurt ZONE Bars!

killuminati
May 15, 2005, 09:35 PM

That is sickening.....but damn does it look good :p

I eat lots of food everyday......I like food.....mmm food.....

Nermal
May 15, 2005, 09:41 PM

*pulls out calculator*
*calculate, calculate*

:eek:!

Assuming I'm calculating this correctly, I'm around 200 and consider myself heavy :eek:

(I'm not trying to criticise you)

Getting back on topic, breakfast is cornflakes at the moment, although sometimes it's honey puffs or similar. Lunch is usually either noodles or English muffins.

Dinner, on the other hand, is pretty random :rolleyes:

MacAztec
May 15, 2005, 09:41 PM
Just had a good dinner. I had:

1 big ribeye steak, cooked medium rare
1 twice baked potato, with chives
some asparagus
salad w/ tomatos and red onion

was very tasty. now for desert.

cheekyspanky
May 15, 2005, 09:50 PM
I try to have a varied diet but it usually doesn't work! I'm a student and cooking just for me as an individual means that I tend to avoid "proper" meals that would involve lots of preparation - and the times I have tried it it usually ends up with 45 mins of preparation, 15 mins of eating..then 15 mins of washing up and putting stuff away!

I often eat: Pizza, Pasta with plain pasta sauce - or sometimes pasta with some vinegar splashed over it, rice, ready meal style lasagnes, spaghetti bolegnese, macaroni cheese, canelloni, cereal..and thats all I can think of..!

Oh..and beans on toast sometimes..with brown sauce and vinegar!

Come to think of it vinegar goes on a lot of my food..yum :p

I usually don't have breakfast, quite often skip lunch too if I'm in Uni or working - then eat food around 6pm with a snack around 10pm. My sleeping schedule is all to pot at the moment, so last week I did eat a pizza around 8am after being awake for several hours, but as a result I wasn't hungry until the next day which was quite strange :rolleyes:

My BMI measurement is 21.

snkTab
May 15, 2005, 10:12 PM
I've eaten junk, mostly fatty foods and not really sugar foods. I love the bacon, the hamburgers, steaks, and mexican food. I used to weigh 140 and 6 feet, now I'm at 160. Mostly, in the gut area now. No working out for me. I actually had to force feed myself to obtain 140 pounds, but now my metabolism is slowing (at 23) faster than my eating habits, which is now quite large.

Tech^salvager
May 15, 2005, 10:23 PM
Looks so good
Must have 2 to eat.

phreakout13
May 15, 2005, 10:45 PM
I've been sick for the past few days, and when I'm sick all I can eat is fruit. I've been living off of watermelon for like, 3 days:)

zach
May 15, 2005, 11:05 PM
mmmm... Strawberry Yogurt ZONE Bars!

ZONE bars are freaking sweet. On the days that I don't have time for lunch at school I eat a Mint Chocolate one.

Annnnyway... My REAL diet... I exaggurated a bit before :D :D :D

Breakfast: usually nothing, sometimes cereal (usually rice chex) or an egg and cheese

Lunch: school lunch, usually pretty good (my school lunch is prepared from scratch each day, I'm rather lucky.)

Dinner:

Monday/Wendesday/Friday: Usually pasta once a week, a tofu and rice dish once, and a chicken dish once.

Tuesday: Usually ramen or an omlette or leftovers.

Thursday: my mom (a vegetarian who refuses to allow red meat in the house) works late. My father and I go and pick up some steaks, and eat them with potatoes or rice or some sorta starch, along with broccoli or asparagus.

Weekends: no breakfast ever, I don't wake up till like 1 PM. Then I have some sorta random lunch, and usually go out for dinner or make pizza.

Duff-Man
May 15, 2005, 11:06 PM
Duff-Man says....I have a couple things that I eat almost every day - a granola bar in the morning for breakfast, and when I get home from work I like to have about a 6" piece of english cucumber...it is amazingly refreshing, especially on a warm summer day.....oh yeah!

zach
May 15, 2005, 11:08 PM
Cucumbers are delicious, although I prefer their pickled form :D

homerjward
May 15, 2005, 11:10 PM
as an average american lardass, my diet's pretty *****ty. usually for breakfast I'll have lucky charms or bean and cheese tacos (about once a week my parents get about 20 b&c tacos just to have around) then lunch, my "chicken uber-sandwich!" my school's snack bar has these things (think jack in the box's chicken sandwich) and i basically get 2 of them then smush them together and treat it like 1 sandwich. oh and chocolate milk, then when i get home a hot pocket, then whatever my mom makes for dinner. then around 9:30-10 a pb&j sandwich. i love consistency in my diet even if it's really bad for me...

takao
May 16, 2005, 05:35 AM
hmm similiar to cheekyspanky (sp?) as a student number 1 is : lots of pasta (cheap and fast to make), on weekends i get sometimes a pizza or a lasagne (frozen ;) ), then those frozen fishs i like to make those as well

perhaps once a week a chili or something or 2 others meals which are very diferent just like last fridy i had something with chicken and paprikas

i try to eat fruits regulary as snacks and drink juices when no fruits are around
little bread and mostly one meal per day (i try to make it between 2 pm and 8 pm)

and i buy 1 "sweet thing" per week ... like a chocolate for weekend etc.

problem i have with a lot of meals that they are simply not designed to be cooked for a single person or you need stuff i don't use for other meals... and cooking a meal for myself only where you stand like an hour in the kitchen is not worth it

EGT
May 16, 2005, 06:11 AM
I am a big fan of Amy's pizza pockets and macaroni & cheese. I think I've been eating that a bit TOO much lately, actually...

Good Lord man! How tall are you?

joecool85
May 16, 2005, 06:46 AM
I do at work. When I have lunch at work I always bring a roast beef sandwich and two granola bars (sunbelt, one chocolate chip, one chocolate chip fudge dipped) On stock nights when I'm there past midnight they sometimes order something like buffalo wings for everyone to eat, so I get to work at 3, eat the buffalo wings when they come in around 7:30 or so, then eat my lunch I brought at 9:30. Whats the matter with two lunches? I mean, its not like I'm getting fat...I'm 5'8" and weigh only 130lbs!

wrldwzrd89
May 16, 2005, 09:30 AM
Good Lord man! How tall are you?
I'm 6 feet 3 inches tall.

emw
May 16, 2005, 09:35 AM
I actually do a pretty good job at variety for lunch and dinner, but breakfasts get to be monotonous - I generally either eat cereal (I buy at Costco, so a box lasts awhile) or frozen French Toast (not frozen when I eat it).

Lunch is many times at one of the restaurants around my office - I should bring it more often, but just never get around to packing it.

wdlove
May 16, 2005, 04:26 PM

2000 cal diet per day sounds on the low side, but it depends on metabolism rate and activity. I'm 6' 8" and 224. A dietician checked on my weight and height, said that I'm to be considered on a normal weight. For the study that I'm on my weight must remain steady. They supply me with 3300 cal per day.

emw
May 16, 2005, 04:45 PM
I'm 6' 8" and 224.Well, let me be the first to say that I had a completely different idea of what you would look like, wdlove. That's not a bad thing - I just never imagined you being, well, a giant!

I'm on about a 2300-2500 calorie per day diet (I'm a shrimp at 6' 1" and 180lbs), but I exercise a reasonable amount.