PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch 32 + T-Mobile Hotspot?

mrjosh
Nov 2, 2011, 11:22 AM
I'm finally going to update my old nano (even though the touch still has a crummy camera...).

Does anyone use the T-mo wifi hotspot? If so, how do you like it? They have a value plan of 2 gb for 19.99/month which seems like a decent price. fyi...I'm in the SF bay area.

Of course, this means carrying around 3 devices if I need hotspot (phone, hotspot device and touch). My T-mo phone plan is so, so, so cheap that I'm not going to get rid of it.

I think the touch will be more useful to me than the ipad (although that would have it's uses too and I do want one). Unlocked iPhone is way too pricey for me.

Oh, it's my understanding that the touch does not have GPS capabilities? So, if I'm somewhere and get lost I could look up my location on a map, but that's about it. Do I have that correct (does the touch uses the wifi tower to get your position...not sure how this equates to gps map functionality)?

Thetonyk123
Nov 2, 2011, 11:48 AM
Have you thought about getting the Verizon 4G LTE hotspot? Those are really good.

mrjosh
Nov 2, 2011, 11:54 AM
Hey Thetonyk,

Are you referring to the 2gb tablet/netbook plan? Would that work with the touch? I'm guessing you wouldn't mention it if not, but just checking.

I did look into it, but it's $30/month. Since I have a t-mo voice plan, I should only be paying $19.99/month for their data plan. If they don't give me the $10/month discount I might go to verizon for data as I like the hotspot device better than t-mo's.

Thetonyk123
Nov 2, 2011, 02:33 PM
I'm talking about this one http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SCH-LC11-Hotspot-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B004U29CLM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320262124&sr=8-1

If you do get $10 off a month you should get that one.

Also, what do you mean you like verizon's hotspot better?

mrjosh
Nov 3, 2011, 11:00 AM
I meant that I liked the actual hotspot device better. Not really that important though - what matters to me is price and service. I'm going to visit a Verizon and T-mobile store today and see what they can do.

Thanks for the response!