Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Just got the comp black for my 4S white. The case looks great and is not to bulky. Absolutely 0 reception problems including GPS. As others have said the plastic part does bow a bit but I was able to resolve that by using double sided clear scotch tape. I Placed it from the top of the + volume button down to the black notch towards the bottom of the phone. Not sure how long the hold will last but it works great.(spoke to soon as I was typing it came loose.)At first I didn't want to use the black Swede back but it gives the phone great grip and traction on my desk or car seat not to mention feels great. I will keep the back for sure unless it picks up to much dirt etc. Im still debating wether to keep the white iphone 4S or replace for the black. The black will look more elegant but the white with the black screen and black case sure looks.

I think element just needs to make the plastic part about 1mm shorter so it wont bow once tightened against the AL. I hope they will do the right thing and send those who inquire with the current plastic piece a replacement. If they do I will change my rating from C+ to A.

If Element can resolve the bowing issue and send us a replace

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Element Vapor Comp replacement program

I have had an element vapor comp case for about 3 weeks now with my iPhone 4s. I wrote to Elementcase customer service because I was upset that I paid $100 for a case that does not fit perfectly. The plastic side of the case bows away from the phone and it catches debris and dirt.

I got this email from them a few days ago:

Hi,

We are very sorry you are not completed satisfied with your Vapor Comp case. We have issued a Return Merchandise Authorization (860) for your Vapor Comp case under our 90 Day Warranty Policy and we will replace your case as soon as possible at no additional charge to you.

Element Case is extremely meticulous about our product quality, and we are very disappointed you received a product that does not meet our strict quality standards. We are aware that on a very small percentage of Vapor Comp cases, there is a problem with proper fitment and / or power button operation. We have identified the cause of this problem and it has been fully resolved. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience.

On Friday November 4th, we will begin shipping replacement Vapor Comp cases to all customers who experienced this problem. You will receive shipment notification when your replacement Vapor Comp case has shipped. Until then, please keep your current Vapor Comp case to use as you see fit. For U.S. customers, we will be including a prepaid FedEx Return Shipping Label in the package with your replacement Vapor Comp. For international customers, we will reimburse you up to $30 maximum for your return shipping charges. Please send back your original Vapor Comp case at your convenience. For international customers, please include a shipping charge receipt with your returned shipment.

Again we sincerely apologize for this problem and inconvenience. We hope you will be completely satisfied with your replacement Vapor Comp case.

I am not sure that "fully resolved" means that the plastic portion of the case will fit as great as the aluminum portion -- but when I wrote back they said if I was not completely satisfied with my replacement, they would issue a full refund for the case....

In case anybody has the case and is interested in following this thread -- I will keep posting and show pics of the new case when it arrives... I love the look and feel of the case so I am hoping they truly fixed the fitment issues of this case...

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
can you please post picture of the way the current case is. so itll be easier to track when you post up the new case shots.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
I have had an element vapor comp case for about 3 weeks now with my iPhone 4s. I wrote to Elementcase customer service because I was upset that I paid $100 for a case that does not fit perfectly. The plastic side of the case bows away from the phone and it catches debris and dirt.

I got this email from them a few days ago:

Hi,

We are very sorry you are not completed satisfied with your Vapor Comp case. We have issued a Return Merchandise Authorization (860) for your Vapor Comp case under our 90 Day Warranty Policy and we will replace your case as soon as possible at no additional charge to you.

Element Case is extremely meticulous about our product quality, and we are very disappointed you received a product that does not meet our strict quality standards. We are aware that on a very small percentage of Vapor Comp cases, there is a problem with proper fitment and / or power button operation. We have identified the cause of this problem and it has been fully resolved. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience.

On Friday November 4th, we will begin shipping replacement Vapor Comp cases to all customers who experienced this problem. You will receive shipment notification when your replacement Vapor Comp case has shipped. Until then, please keep your current Vapor Comp case to use as you see fit. For U.S. customers, we will be including a prepaid FedEx Return Shipping Label in the package with your replacement Vapor Comp. For international customers, we will reimburse you up to $30 maximum for your return shipping charges. Please send back your original Vapor Comp case at your convenience. For international customers, please include a shipping charge receipt with your returned shipment.

Again we sincerely apologize for this problem and inconvenience. We hope you will be completely satisfied with your replacement Vapor Comp case.

I am not sure that "fully resolved" means that the plastic portion of the case will fit as great as the aluminum portion -- but when I wrote back they said if I was not completely satisfied with my replacement, they would issue a full refund for the case....

In case anybody has the case and is interested in following this thread -- I will keep posting and show pics of the new case when it arrives... I love the look and feel of the case so I am hoping they truly fixed the fitment issues of this case...

Any update to this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.