Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cupique

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
There was some rumors back in summer that Apple TV 2 will have BT-keyboard -support in iOS5 - that's the last I've heard about that. Did the support really come with iOS5? I'm considering to buy an Apple TV, but keyboard support would be really neat when using youtube and such. And I'm not willing to use my iPhone as a keyboard when I'm having parties and there's twenty people trying to fight over what we'll listen next.

Thanks in advance.

Article in question: https://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/12/ios-5-to-unlock-bluetooth-capabilities-of-apple-tv/

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
There was some rumors back in summer that Apple TV 2 will have BT-keyboard -support in iOS5 - that's the last I've heard about that. Did the support really come with iOS5? I'm considering to buy an Apple TV, but keyboard support would be really neat when using youtube and such. And I'm not willing to use my iPhone as a keyboard when I'm having parties and there's twenty people trying to fight over what we'll listen next.

Thanks in advance.

Article in question: https://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/12/ios-5-to-unlock-bluetooth-capabilities-of-apple-tv/

Just checked out Apple.com's Apple TV pages and didn't see any mention of Bluetooth support so my guess is it's not currently supported. Could be wrong though.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
There was some rumors back in summer that Apple TV 2 will have BT-keyboard -support in iOS5

I went through the setup/config menus and don't see anything regarding Bluetooth.

The iFixIt teardown does show a Bluetooth-compatible comm chip, so I suppose it's possible - I agree it would be handy. I use my iPad now but it's not always in the same room with the :apple:TV that I'm using at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.